Pedro Rodriguez

BerkeleyBernie

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/633746/LiveStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2012-2013-Real-Madrid-Barcelona

The most damning stat is that Cristiano Ronaldo, who came on as a substitute in the 58th minute, had more shots than our entire team put together. Embarassing.

Shooting stats are a bit misleading in Barça's case, as Barça's preferred method of scoring is to pass the ball into the net. That means you see Barça players make a pass inside the box when other teams would take a shot, and very few shots from outside. That doesn't mean a lack of offense, or that Barça hasn't created as many (and almost always better) chances as a team that has racked up a lot of shots. Instead of a blocked shot, instead it's a blocked pass or a tackle in the box. Any slip in defense, and those blocks/tackles are shots from in the box with a high percentage of scoring.

Sometimes you want Barça to take a shot instead of work that last perfect neat pass (i.e. Alve's laughable WTF back-pass earlier this season when he was in on the keeper), but for a team that trains a technical passing game, it's not so easy to shift gears while playing in the moment.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I agree. But this is the 4th consecutive game where we've had 3 or less shots on target. We lost 3 of those games and could have easily drawn/lost the 4th.

You would think the team would learn something from that.

Edit: For the past 4 seasons, Barca have averaged 15-16 shots per game. Just a reference value.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

I can't think of anything positive to say about Pedro over the course of this whole season. I still love the guy as a Barca player but he is among our players who has to take more initiative, moreso now that we are struggling with Tito gone.

barcanuck

I can't think of anything positive to say about Pedro over the course of this whole season. I still love the guy as a Barca player but he is among our players who has to take more initiative, moreso now that we are struggling with Tito gone.

He doesn't hurt us as much but his goals have become far too few. It's not justified for him to start every single big game anymore.

mobster_1930

Why have a 30 goal a season striker up front when you currently have a 70 goal one?

Signing someone like Neymar would help, or push Iniesta into a central role to provide the bullets for Messi, rather than Messi dropping deep. Restrict him to the front line only in the tighter games.

Then we would have a Messi who would be scoring maybe 40+ goals per season and other striker who scores 30+ goals per season. Better than just one player scoring all the goals.

F

Flavia

Had an ok game, but still far from the Pedrito we love. He is suspended for the next cl game.

E

estranged

Good performance from him I thought, should have got that penalty and he created a few chances. A couple of sloppy controls and passes but overall did well.

mobster_1930

I don't want to bitch after this match, but Pedro is in terrible form and he doesn't deserve to be in starting 11. His best move today was when he got yellow card meaning he won't play in quarters.

spark

I don't want to bitch after this match, but Pedro is in terrible form and he doesn't deserve to be in starting 11. His best move today was when he got yellow card meaning he won't play in quarters.

:lol: Im guilty of thinking the same thing when it happened.

Home of Barca Fans