Pedro Rodriguez

Richard.H

I have nothing to say really. He went from being one of the most hyped/exciting products of La Masia to being an absolute flop. Also, Flavia is right. He has been horrible since the 11-12 season. It's amazing what happened to him.

In fact, when my dad and I watch the games, he always asks me what happened to Pedro, since he was his favorite player. Always asks me if it's psychological or something else?

He really was one of the best wingers in the world during the 09-10, 10-11 season. He was so deadly in front of goal that it was scary. Seriously, it saddens me to see him playing this bad. As a fan, you could only dream that he would get back to that level...

Indignado

Pep-Guardiola-Coach-Barcelona-02.jpg

:worthy:

F

Flavia

What bothers me most is that he's been so good to spain lately. And showed some glimpses for Barça, in some matches. Something's definitely's off, and he needs to correct it.

Indignado

Seeing Morata performing so well in the first team and considering he's not even the best in the 2nd team, I just don't get why they're afraid of playing the youngsters from the beginning. I actually think that Deulofeu would be a lot better than Pedro tbh.

JamDav1982

He is playing out of position and cant play on the right.

Defenders have just stand off him and let him go onto his right foot. He cant cut in on his left and there is no one to hit if gets a cross in even if he makes it to the by line. He doesnt have the ability to dribble past players either.

His game is all about movement, finishing and work rate. Defenders have worked him out on the right hand side that he is only dangerous if he gets in behind the defence and he is no threat at all with the ball at his feet in a wide position.

spark

To be honest I'm sick of the whole work rate nonsense. We need players that can score half chances and create for themselves when the system breaks down. Pedro used to be able to do that. If he didn't he would have never have been in the team in the first place. It was scoring important goals in all 6 competitions that won him his place. There is a fine line, we don't want lazy players but we don't want headless chickens either or else lets sign Dirk Kuyt. Which do Liverpool fans prefer Kuyt, or a player like Suarez that combines both work rate and quality. Cavani is another that does this. Compare the Pedro that missed the chance in the Copa away leg to the one of 2010 and 11. Those goals and types of break always were his bread and butter. Now he tries fancy chips and cut backs because he doesn't have the confidence to try quick first time shots.

89Norcal

Lately, Pedro has been pushing into defenders hoping to win free kicks when he should have taken it on. Don't know if his confidence is just down or what. I think he thrives when being supported by Messi & co rather than out alone, as today he looked isolated at times in the final third on that right side and couldn't get past Varane.

Kerrybai

Our current form is down to a lack of collective effort and synchronisation. Our team needs direction and is not receiving it so it's unfair to point blame at certain players... However in saying that we could really do with a player who can make something out of nothing, i.e like Messi does. Pedro simply isn't that sort of player, he's free but he's not world class. Our right side is crying out for a world class option.

JamDav1982

He is just too easy to defend against on the right hand side. Teams dont have to double up on him, just stand off him and at best he can hit the by line and try to cross. Which is what teams want Barcelona to do.

At least playing on the left he can try and cut in on right foot. There is a threat for defenders there.

At moment the only threat he poses is getting in behind defences. Most of whom sit back the whole time now anyway and cut this off.

The best wide players for Barcelona have always been able to dribble, pass and finish. None of the wide players at the club just now possess that other than Messi.

Home of Barca Fans