Pedro Rodriguez

Galning

I don't think its necessarily true that Busquets and Iniesta have been poorer. I know it''s hard to think past the last few weeks but those two have been excellent for most of the season. Iniesta has been phenomenal for us throughout the season. It's only the last couple of weeks that his level has dropped and his two games against Bayern are the worst I've ever seen him play. Otherwise though, he has been extremely consistent and lets not forget that this season has seen him being compared to Zidane.I think I'm right in saying that he has the most assists that he has had in a season? I'm not sure but he has a lot anyway.
Busquets played some of the best football of his career in the first half of the season. His level did drop significantly from February onwards but I think a lot of that is down to his hernia problem. It's nothing to do with Tito not being able to get the best out of him really.

Oh yes definitely. With being poorer I don't mean that they actually sucked but they just haven't played as good as before.
You are also right about the Busquets thing. I also think it's down to his injury but the same can be said about Xavi. It's just a list. I could've said some other player because as I said, on a personal level, I don't think there's anyone who played at their standard (from the starters).
The only point I was trying to make is that a lot of players have declined this season (even just by a little, or because of injuries [Busi, Masche, Puyi,...]) and it's not only Pedro. It can't be solely his fault if he scores for another team (Spain) but can't us.

Kerrybai

Pedro is a conundrum. It seems a bit unfair to assume that Tito is the reason for his poor play, as Jilopi pointed out Sanchez has been getting into goalscoring positions, and so has Villa I might add. Pedro's finishing hasn't dropped by any means so why does he not get into scoring positions?

His greatest asset has always been his ability to escape his marker and free himself for a pass which he could then finish, his shot conversion rate has always been high as he is a good finisher. Often he would get free from his marker and make a run behind the defence or on many occasions he would simply get wide of the defence, for example his goal vs United in the cl final.

IMO For Pedro to perform well he needs to play through a much more central channel, basically in line with the edge of the box. This will cause the defence to become much more narrow and when the time is right he can peel away to the outside and receive a pass. Wingers who play out very wide need to be able to beat their marker 1v1. Pedro has never been good at that, his strengths revolve around escaping his marker.

A player like Tello profits from our wide play as large spaces are left behind the wing-backs. He simply beats the defender and uses his speed to tear tear into these spaces. If we continue to play this way then I don't think Pedro has a future with us, Tito needs to instruct him to stop hugging the touchline.

Irish_Cules

Pedro would be great in a 4-4-2 as a second striker. If he ever leaves Barca I could see him doing really well if he goes to a club that allows him to play centrally.

Kerrybai

Playing as a wide forward works for him. Right now he is been played as a winger and he's never been a winger. If he operated on Messi's shoulder's he could become lethal again. At time's he finds himself closer the fans than he does to Messi, he might as well just sign autographs :lol:

mixer

Pedro: "Winning the last three games and reaching 100 points is an extra motivation now. We know it will be difficult, but we'll try."

Everything is difficult without Messi, eh?

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 5m
With 6 Liga goals this season, Pedro surpasses his number of last season

Pretty depressing :lol:
all the best to him though ! yet pretty horrendous finish to be fair

Last edited:
D

damunk

His finishing seems to be gone. The goal was a fail from the gk.

It's very important for him to get back his one shot = one goal finishing for next season.

He is still young and a better footballer than Alexis Sanchez. I would keep him if you had to choose between the two.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's very important for him to get back his one shot = one goal finishing for next season.

He is still young and a better footballer than Alexis Sanchez. I would keep him if you had to choose between the two.

Oh dear, oh dear - he is not even remotely as good as Sanchez, and will never be. If not La Masia and that he was a part of Pep's machine (but individually he can't do sh*t tbh) he would be out last transfer period already.

Edit: Sanchez maybe isn't the best goalscorer I've seen, but his passing, linking up, technique, crossing, dribbling - well about everything else beside finishing (even though he already scored more goals than Pedro this season with less minutes played) - he can do much better than Pedro.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans