Pedro Rodriguez

Galning

When was the last time we sold somebody in January? Don't think he'll leave now. Maybe in the summer though with Deulofeu coming back and all the talented wingers knocking on the door of the first team.

DinhoR10

They cant sell BOTH Tello and Pedro. We need some sort of backup. Unless we do some sort of super deal to bring back Bojan or actually let Cuenca play.

Yugi

would be great to see Pedrito in United...I think he would fit there, but it would be crazy if we sold both Tello and Pedro with bringing only Deulofeu back, absolutely crazy

F

Flavia

They cant sell BOTH Tello and Pedro. We need some sort of backup. Unless we do some sort of super deal to bring back Bojan or actually let Cuenca play.
Tello said today he'll only think about leaving if he doesn't get enough playing time until the season ends. If pedro were really to leave in winter, I'd like to imagine someone'd be signed in the summer, but who knows.

Wouldn't mind him leaving with Deulofeu coming through and all, but if he's going to leave, I hope it happens in the summer window. For now, we need the depth. If he leaves in January, we'll have 3 players for 2 spots...

And if we decide to loan Deulo again in the summer, Pedro leaving in the summer will give us more time to get a replacement.

Zebulun

I don't know about this, pedro is still one of those players that made barca from 2009-2012 great with pep. scored loads of vital goals. pep even said that his finishing was only second to messi's in the team. I'd personally rather keep pedro and sell tello,cuenca,afellay,bojan. pedro shows his form for spain all the time so its not a problem with him per say, its more that the current barcelona system is worked out by nearly every manager in the world.

CatalinR10

I don't know about this, pedro is still one of those players that made barca from 2009-2012 great with pep. scored loads of vital goals. pep even said that his finishing was only second to messi's in the team. I'd personally rather keep pedro and sell tello,cuenca,afellay,bojan. pedro shows his form for spain all the time so its not a problem with him per say, its more that the current barcelona system is worked out by nearly every manager in the world.

Pedro's not the same in the last 3 years and I would prefer if Cuenca stays here. The kid's got big potential.

sailor

Deulofeu is good in attack, but he's the laziest defender. He won't fill the defensive attitude of Pedro, if he ever replaces him!

Zebulun

Nothing strange about it. Teams don't defend Barca the same way they did when he broke out. That's all there is to it.

Once upon a time, the space between the lines that top teams like Real Madrid and Manchester United would offer Barcelona:

rm1.jpg

Screenshot-8-1024x576.png

Even Granada doesn't defend like that anymore. What worked well in 2009 doesn't have to work in 2013. Of course Pedro himself hasn't lost any ability at 26 years of age. Teams have simply adapted to his skillset.

Which is also why in general people shouldn't judge Barca on 2008 / 2009 standards. If teams played this current Barca like they used to play Barca in the past, Messi alone would score 150 goals in a season.

Finally someone with some sense. I believe the same thing its not about the players ability, but football evolved and we never adjusted.

Home of Barca Fans