Pedro Rodriguez

footyfan

Calma, calma
OT, but in-form Pedro is a complete beast in FIFA 14. He is at 87 now on match day overall (jump of 3) and he literally can't miss a single shot. And his runs are legendary and GOAT.

F

Flavia

What a beast he is this season. No way we'll bench him when Ney will come back... Tata needs to play all of them, they are so good.

I wouldn't mind seeing this, just for a bit:

Busi - Masch/Song
Messi
Alexis - Pedro - Neymar

But not often, just at the end of a game, that's already won comfortably.

BerkeleyBernie

He really sacrifices himself for the team. Would shine so much more at another club. Glad we have him.

+1 Above all else, at any moment in a game, Pedro is thinking what is the best option for him to support the team. The thing is, that has been constant. When that takes him out of the spotlight, a lot of people say he's worthless, invisible, but in actuality, he's doing the same thing he does every game.

The only difference now I think is that Tata has encouraged him (like Alexis) to take on players more often. I still like Pedro's conservative defense of the ball, but I think a little more risk is for the good, because he has the skill for it.

Perfect cutback pass to Messi for his first goal, admirable under those conditions. I didn't realize how far it was until the replays, wasn't as short as I initially thought.

barcanuck

Him and Alexis have made us forget we once said both should never play together. Both are playing at their best right now.

Neeraj

What an effort he put in! Such a team player, he tracked back and defended his flank in so so many attacks. Brilliant commitment, so proud of him and so glad we have him!

F

Flavia

Pedro makes appearance number 250

Robert Güell
02/09/2014 20:45

Pedro made his debut on January 12 2008 and has become one of the team's leading attacking threats

The Spaniard has scored some vital goals in finals such as the European Super Cup, the World Club Cup or the Champions League

640x360_PEDRO-250.v1392027134.jpg

Pedro Rodríguez made his Barça debut at the Camp Nou on January 12 2008 in a league game against Murcia, when he came on for Samuel Eto’o who had just scored twice in the 4-0 win. Six years later, Pedro marked game number 250 in a Barça shirt in the game against Seville.
Pedro has proved his worth under Guardiola, Tito Vilanova and Tata Martino, who have all leaned on the winger’s pace and skill, as well as an extraordinary scoring record.

Important goals

In seven seasons, Pedro has bagged 89 goals. He scored his first on 16 August 2009 in the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup against Bilbao - a goal that gave Barça the win. Twelve days later, his extra time winner against Shaktar Donetsk gave Barça the European Super Cup.
Pedro also played a key role in the World Club Cup win in 2009, with a last minute equaliser in the final against Estudiantes, before Messi’s extra time winner. In the Champions League he also got some vital goals, including one against Real Madrid at the Camp Nou in 2011 which sent Barça through to the Wembley final, where he scored the opener against Manchester United.

Regular scorer

Hi excellent performances in the 2009/10 season - when he scored 23 goals -earned Pedro a call up to the Spain team for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and the following season he scored 22. Although he couldn’t match those figures in the next two campaigns - 2011/12 (13) and 2012/13 – he has already scored 16 in 35 goals and is looking to match those early season marks.
This season has also seen Pedro claim his first hat trick - against Rayo Vallecano – something he then repeated against Getafe.

KhaledBarca

84* goals :) He also added 35 assists, 176 starts.
Sadly stats although they're good, doesn't show the hard work he does on the pitch, runs and tracking back... #TeamPlayer

Pepe Silvia

So glad the board never read these forums when many called for his head and demanded he be sold. I got pissed at the kid, but I never doubted he would come back and come back firing in lethal form like he has. Something about a Pedro-less Barca that was impossible to imagine. I always go back to his goal against Man United and smile.

tello

Nice review Flavia.

Good team player who works very hard and scores decisive goals when we need them the most !

Home of Barca Fans