Pedro Rodriguez

e28makaveli

exactly! we never allowed him to play his natural game. he is a counterattacking player, he thrives in counterattacking situations. i think we need to evolve our game to be able to utilize his pace which i think has been grossly underutilized

:tata1:

why would we love that :pep:

True for Alexis although this is the wrong thread.

The skill is there. The touch is there and he has created brilliant moments for us. He also still has time on his side.

If we need to accommodate for his style by slightly altering the way we play, I am all for it. I think if we identified and capitalized on counter attacking opportunities he will do well. But how will this change make him score more reliably?

BerkeleyBernie

True for Alexis although this is the wrong thread.

The skill is there. The touch is there and he has created brilliant moments for us. He also still has time on his side.

If we need to accommodate for his style by slightly altering the way we play, I am all for it. I think if we identified and capitalized on counter attacking opportunities he will do well. But how will this change make him score more reliably?

His main problem is that him and Alexis were sat on the bench far too much to accommodate Cesc and Neymar. 9 times out of 10, I'd bet money for Pedro to put those goals away. He was probably shocked to find himself in front of goal with the ball again after so long. All three forwards lacked finishing today, but the team played well except for the defensive brain farts.

jamrock

didnt see the 2nd half but he played well in the first half.

barca look like barca when pedro plays, even when he or the team doesn't play well.

BerkeleyBernie

I think he was quite bad tonight, and his wrong pass led to their first goal...

Wasn't bad, tried to find some space in the wall of yellow for a few shots (blocked, winning corners), a few good moments against the bus, like everyone else. Can't blame him for trying a 1-2 forward attacking pass inside the opponent box and say that it's to blame for the goal. As a forward, that's where he's supposed to be and what's he's supposed to do. Just because it was intercepted and was moved down the field past the Barça midfield and defenders doesn't mean he's at fault.

Pepe Silvia

I didn't see him do anything but run like a wild goose for the time he was on. He and Alexis can no longer hide behind high energy or work rate anymore. We need to see more quality up front going forward. Bad game for me.

F

Flavia

:lol:

He is better on the right wing imo. His chemistry with Messi is awesome there as well.

Same here. He always impresses me more at rw. He was there during MVP golden era too. I don't know where the notion of some, that he is better at lw, comes from.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Same here. He always impresses me more at rw. He was there during MVP golden era too. I don't know where the notion of some, that he is better at lw, comes from.

Probably the one game against Getafe, and yes, I agree, he's much better on the right.

BerkeleyBernie

*I didn't see* him do anything but run like a wild goose for the time he was on. He and Alexis can no longer hide behind high energy or work rate anymore. We need to see more quality up front going forward. Bad game for me.

Yup, key words above are "*I didn't see*" :D As in, "I missed seeing Pedro make a smart run, and an even smarter pass to set up the first Barça goal."

People are going gaga over Cesc's nice little header to Messi for the winning goal, but Pedro's smart run and creativity here are just as sweet. Pedro starts his run right when Cesc receives the ball, fooling the midfielder in front of him who is left protecting the passing lane where Pedro used to be. Cesc spots Pedro and gets the ball off quickly, but is a little off and passes behind Pedro (instead of in front of Pedro, where he would have been through on goal).

Pedro's reaction is instinctive and shows what a great player he is. Had he tried to backtrack to gather the pass and turn, he would have been swarmed by the two defenders he had split. Instead, he knows Messi is behind him (and, as it turns out, Alves, too), and gracefully backheels the pass through to them.

Perfect timing of his run
Awareness of his teammates' positions
Great snap improvisation
Excellent weighting of pass

What a player. And probably few people will even notice or remember his contribution to the moment that turned the game around.

Home of Barca Fans