Pedro Rodriguez

F

Flavia

Haha. Most of the play went down the right, play out to the left every 15 minutes or so. Best chance to score tonight was Pedro's ball into the 6 yard box for Alves (who missed it entirely). And header was a bit wide (obviously, headers not a forte of any of the Barça midgets). But otherwise, yes, just as ineffectual as the rest of Barça lineup tonight. Should have done better with the shot he put just over the bar, but it's not easy to execute on a dead stop with no approach.

Neymar would have just been kicking shots and passes at defenders feet, so no real difference this game other than Pedro pressing better and recycling the ball more than Neymar would. Oh yeah, less dives, too.

Neymar didn't play, did he? No point in making such claims. Pedro was garbage today. Just that. He could stay as a squad player, but his best days are gone. He's too inconsistent to be a starter now.

Chainsaw

Killahead
This is such moments that shows what Barca's lacking upfront. Alexis and Pedro are both hard workers, but they are not champions. When the time gets tough their lack of ideas totally shows off and it becomes Messi all over again who has to save the team. And when Messi for whatever reason is off form then Barca becomes completely toothless upfront.

Richard.H

To be fair, his decline has been very depressing for me as a fan. He was so deadly in front of goal. Remember how easily he scored goals for us? What the heck happened to him? Is it the tactics?

Chainsaw

Killahead
To be fair, his decline has been very depressing for me as a fan. He was so deadly in front of goal. Remember how easily he scored goals for us? What the heck happened to him? Is it the tactics?

I think he failed to evolve his game over the years. His simplicity is working against him now. He's just out of the right ideas many times.

BerkeleyBernie

Why do you have to bring Neymar into this? Even if what you say about him is right, it has nothing to do with Pedro being a shadow of his former self...

Just saying what I've seen Neymar do when in the same situation, against a team playing like Elche did today, because some are going to fantasize Neymar would have had more success (just like those who thought Cesc would do more damage than Xavi today).

In a game like today, either you play real tiki-taka (not happening this year) or it's about a little bit of luck, one moment somewhere (i.e. Iniesta's volley or Adriano's shot being placed a bit better). Pedro was no better than anyone else today, did what he could being double-teamed on any run he made, and created the best scoring chance (for Alves in the 6 yard box).

Devils

I'm going to stand by theory that something happened at the halfway point of the season.

Pedro, Alexis and Neymar were all brilliant in the first half and they have all been poor and inconsistent in the second.

I don't know what it is, but Pedro is a top winger and most top teams would love to have him. I'm not going to call for his head because pretty much the entire team is on the same downward trend as Pedro.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Next week it should be Iniesta-Messi-Alexis upfront. Pedro is just lost against the parked buses. Even Tello was more dangerous than him tonight.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So you want to play Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi all at once? That's a recipe for disaster against Atletico.

Chong Li

Damn Pedro, what's wrong with him? Ever since he got benched earlier this year he's been total shit.

I'm praying for a Ney comeback next Saturday!

Galning

Damn Pedro, what's wrong with him? Ever since he got benched earlier this year he's been total shit.

I'm praying for a Ney comeback next Saturday!

Watch him explode for Spain (if he makes the squad, which I think he will). He looks like a different player. Confident and goal-scoring machine.

Stric

Sometimes that happens when you're benched after a string of great games, in favor of an off-form player.

Home of Barca Fans