Pedro Rodriguez

Galning

The tactics make him useless, he can still be a good player for us.

So true. My heart breaks if I see a Dani Alves cross heading towards Pedro Pedrito Pedro.
Same thing can be said for most of our players though. Iniesta, Messi, etc... not a coincidence that this season all of our important players performed below par.

raedkuwait

I dont care about forms its plain and simple when pedro has failed to produce time and time again and when this formation and the same tactics fails time and time again specially against atletico then i would surely try something else like playing tello heck i would even try affelay or adama but Tata is so scared to try any thing at all

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Kerrybai

So true. My heart breaks if I see a Dani Alves cross heading towards Pedro Pedrito Pedro.
Same thing can be said for most of our players though. Iniesta, Messi, etc... not a coincidence that this season all of our important players performed below par.

Exactly. I think everyone should watch this video. Look at how many of his goals come through the middle. He's a bad winger but a solid inside forward. All he needs is the right tactics and he'll shine again. Poor guy has no chance under crosses.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Tata's tactics don't help anyone but you can still see the gulf in class between him and Alexis and Neymar. Let's not blame everything on Martino now and pretend he was any better under Tito who had his tactics spot on in La Liga. 5 La Liga goals until middle of May from Pedro while being a starter under Tito, dropped by Pep the season before, stopped scoring in the 2nd half of the season in 10/11 ... Basically his last string of consistently good games was somtime back in 2010 when teams were still playing a high line against Barca like those famous Real Madrid and Espanyol trashing. Since then he's shown glimpses here and there (hattrick against Real Betis fodder) and his fans use that opportunity to declare "PEDRITO IS BACK", "always believed in him", blabla and pretend the following 2 months that Pedro was in good form.

One of Alexis and Pedro has to go this summer as far as I'm concerned as they are fairly similar and need to make room for a different type of striker. Rationally it is very easy to choose between Alexis and Pedro. Irrationally one is from La Masia and the other isn't.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
World classs

at shooting, pressing and making off the ball runs.

a 7 year old is better at everything else.

worked in a fully functioning system with peak Xavi and superhuman Messi & Iniesta meaning all he had to do was shoot, press & make off the ball runs. can't be asked to play football as we've seen this season. fair enough if you wanna keep him around as a squaddie but for my money you flog him for as much as you can get before everyone realises how limited he is.

BerkeleyBernie

at shooting, pressing and making off the ball runs.

a 7 year old is better at everything else.

worked in a fully functioning system with peak Xavi and superhuman Messi & Iniesta meaning all he had to do was shoot, press & make off the ball runs. can't be asked to play football as we've seen this season. fair enough if you wanna keep him around as a squaddie but for my money you flog him for as much as you can get before everyone realises how limited he is.

Yup. Neymar shares your opinion. Oh, wait...

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/71147/neymar-pedro-has-surprised-me-the-most/

Pedro is a footballer's footballer. The average fan doesn't see or understand half of what he does on the pitch, but other footballers do. Not to say he hasn't performed better than in the last few weeks, but it's been a tough season with Tata's tactics, and benching him for Cesc and Neymar because of their marquee value (you ain't gonna sit your moneymaker players who draw the worldwide audience and endorsements).

Hope he'll make the final cut for Spain's World Cup squad. If he does, I'm sure he'll play a fine part of their winning it again.

Home of Barca Fans