Pedro Rodriguez

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
BtnlgsMIAAAFOOe.jpg

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Pedro: "Playing as full back? I trained there a few times under Del Bosque. I feel more comfortable in attack, but it's up to the coach."

Oh dear. :omg:

Crixus

Pedro: "Playing as full back? I trained there a few times under Del Bosque. I feel more comfortable in attack, but it's up to the coach."

Oh dear. :omg:
Wont be a bad idea would be awesome if Lucho tries him in the coming preseason matches as RB , Cruyff did the same thing in his first year as a Barca coach if i am not mistaken .

BerkeleyBernie

Oh dear.

Not so far fetched, wouldn't be the first time. Maxwell was a converted winger, for example. Pedro already puts in more defensive work than most of the team, perfectly capable of working the ball forward, is better than Alves in attack, more disciplined, one of the best pressers on the team, and one of the fastest, often stopping counterattacks on his own. Only real liability is his height in the box, but no advantage to Alves/Alba there. I still see Pedro as an attacker, but no question could fill in if needed, as Kuyt did for Holland.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Not so far fetched, wouldn't be the first time. Maxwell was a converted winger, for example. Pedro already puts in more defensive work than most of the team, perfectly capable of working the ball forward, is better than Alves in attack, more disciplined, one of the best pressers on the team, and one of the fastest, often stopping counterattacks on his own. Only real liability is his height in the box, but no advantage to Alves/Alba there. I still see Pedro as an attacker, but no question could fill in if needed, as Kuyt did for Holland.

Don't push it man... I know you have a man crush on Pedro, but to think he could be a decent fullback is taking it too far...

Lucho should play him on the wing and pray his long lost form magically returns, end of story...

BerkeleyBernie

but to think he could be a decent fullback is taking it too far...

What I said is he isn't all that different from the other Barça fullbacks, Alves and Alba. Abidal he's not, but if you need someone who will play with discipline and will mark/harass fast wingers, no reason to think he can't do the job, if called on.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
What I said is he isn't all that different from the other Barça fullbacks, Alves and Alba. Abidal he's not, but if you need someone who will play with discipline and will mark/harass fast wingers, no reason to think he can't do the job, if called on.

Well yeah, but there's more to being a fullback than harassing wingers and that's all he could offer as one... Some could say that's the same he's been offering in attack...

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Pedro won't be a full back noobs. He will serve as a wingback in a 3-5-2 system bombing the right side of the field with runs back and forth. To be honest, he is perfect for the job.

zealot

Well, sure he 's got the workrate, but I don't know he has the defensive skills to prevent or block crosess. Unless my understanding of a wingback role is completely wrong, Pedro alone against top world class wingers is definitely not something I'm looking forward to.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Yugi

Well, sure he 's got the workrate, but I don't know he has the defensive skills to prevent or block crosess. Unless my understanding of a wingback role is completely wrong, Pedro alone against top world class wingers is definitely not something I'm looking forward to.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah, still better than Alves

Home of Barca Fans