Pedro Rodriguez

F

Flavia

I think this will be his last season at Barça. Munir, Rafinha, Adama, Deulo coming thru.

CatalinR10

He should have been sold a long long time ago. Wouldn't be amazed if his contract will be renewed or something like this.

I

instinct

We need depth, so he'll stay until next summer. If he's the same Pedro as the past few years, then he will leave next summer.

This.

I hope that he'll be better under Lucho. His defensive contribution is a valuable thing to have in your team IMO. He scored quite a few goals (some of them were crucial) and I honestly believe that he is not a hopeless case. Let's see how Lucho will use him.

BerkeleyBernie

We don't yet know how Lucho will play against real competition, but we all suspect it will be an improvement over Tata. Maybe Lucho would have left Neymar on the bench when both Alexis and Pedro were clearly in better form.

Pedro will probably start with Neymar and Messi. Once Suarez is available, I suspect Pedro will see plenty of time as a sub in important and close games, with the youngsters being given their chances in games already safely won. Pedro is still the best non-marquee forward for controlling possession in cagey tight matches, as well as a great defender against counterattacking teams, so we'll probably see him in games requiring a more patient conservative approach.

Alarcón

I think he will finish his career at Barça. Yes you have all these upcoming talents but how many of them are ready to stay on the bench for most of the season?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he will finish his career at Barça. Yes you have all these upcoming talents but how many of them are ready to stay on the bench for most of the season?

Pedro was reportedly also considering to leave, but Lucho convinced him to stay.

barcanuck

Yeah I don't see Pedro wanting to stay until he is an old man. With the trident of Leo Ney Luis the outlook of him being a starter for any big games are bleak.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I want Pedro to stay. Very good squad player and always reliable when he is on the pitch.
If he is in good form he is a beast. Clinical in front of goal, great pressing and a true team player.

But he needs to step it up again and accept a lesser role right now. Pedro can not expect to be a starter in a team that has Messi, Neymar and Suarez.

Zangash

Banned
The problem with the notion of him being a good squad player is he's way too good to be a squad player. If he went to any team in England or Italy he'd instantly be the big man on campus and would start damn near every game they play, especially the "big ones" that nobody here actually wants to see him in.

I see no reason why he should stay past this season, especially if Munir has the season I suspect he will and Deulofeu proves himself to be ready after his loan with Sevilla expires. Up top next season we have the potential to have Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Munir, and Deulofeu all ready to take various roles with the first team. Where does Pedro fit in here? I don't see him being too happy about sitting on the bench when we play PSG, Arsenal, Juventus, etc. in the CL when he could possibly be starting for those very teams somehow.

Even in this preseason, has Pedro done a single thing to impress? Munir and Rakatic and Iniesta and Messi and Xavi and Bartra and Mathieu and Halilovic and so on and so forth have all had exemplary performances in preseason but Pedro has been largely anonymous. If he was 18-20 playing at that level he'd have been sent back to Barca B with Dongou and the rest of the lot with no real potential when Lucho sent the first batch of youngsters back to Eusobio. Munir has been our most consistent threat across each game played and will track back and press like his life depends on it but most of us rational people recognize he still has a way to go before he's ready for the first team, but he was still better than Pedro, the supposed veteran who is horrible in front of goal to the point of being a detriment who also has a particularly high defensive work rate. He even made comments about being willing to play as a RB, as if even he knows his time may be running out due to his lack of quality in front of goal.

CuleLife4Life

I'd love for Pedro to stay but I can see him not being a starter while Neymar, Suarez, and Messi are will bother him because there will be no chance he'll overtake them. And then there are younger players who can use the chances he'll get as a sub.

He actually has the talent to be a starter for midlevel to slightly larger club and at 27 he has to have some ambition to actually be in the regular starting 11 as well.

Home of Barca Fans