Pedro Rodriguez

BBZ8800

Not buy. Promote. Hell, we don't even have to promote.

Rafinha is good enough to fill in as 4th choice forward and 3rd/4th choice midfielder. When we feel the need to start someone other than Messi/Neymar/Suarez we can use forwards from the B team who actually have a chance of contributing something while they're out there.

Rafinha wasn't impressive in the first round.
Munir had one great and one average match.
Sandro played only one match.

True, Pedro has been horrible for Seasons, but isn't it too early to conclude that virtually anyone who played decent 45 minutes is better than Pedro?

If Suarez will bite someone, or if he will get injured. And if Messi and Ney will get injured, and they probably will, with whom will you play?
With only one of them, and with Munir and Sandro in the attack?
And Rafinha as the only solution on the bench?

Galning

Why are people still bitching about Pedro. He is not a starter anymore, he is a sub player. There are very few teams, to say almost none, that have a 4th forward with the quality and experience of Pedro.

Sell Pedro and buy whom? A world class forward to warm the bench? Pedro has a limited role now, and he is an excellent choice for that role.

True, Pedro has been horrible for Seasons, but isn't it too early to conclude that virtually anyone who played decent 45 minutes is better than Pedro?

If Suarez will bite someone, or if he will get injured. And if Messi and Ney will get injured, and they probably will, with whom will you play?

I think we has reached the point where people will bitch about Pedro until he's gone. I appreciate the efforts but I think we should just move on and let these people be because they won't change their mind and they say the exact same things over and over again no matter how much arguments you bring into it.

L

linetty

They are not going to be all injured at once... Pedro, Rafinha, Munir and Sandro are decent enough to cover any possible injuries.

DinhoR10

I think the bitching about Pedro is basically just spam right now, 19 year old Munir is starting over him and you guys are still complaining, I don't understand at all :facepalm:

F

Flavia

Pedro scored 19 goals last season, and had 9 assists. I think he can do similar this season. He's a great squad player to have.

Galning

I think the bitching about Pedro is basically just spam right now, 19 year old Munir is starting over him and you guys are still complaining, I don't understand at all :facepalm:

Exactly.. Pedro has been a substitute for 2 seasons and with the addition of Suarez + being benched by Munir twice I'm pretty confident that his 3rd season is coming. Now the Pedro hate brigade is bitching about how he is still part of the squad :lol: it's insane.

DinhoR10

Pedro scored 19 goals last season, and had 9 assists. I think he can do similar this season. He's a great squad player to have.

Wow thats a great return, Hazard scored something like 14 goals last season. Having Pedro as a sub along with munir,sandro and (hopefully not too much) rafinha probably gives us the best attack with the best depth in the world right now.

anguy

Pedro was always able to score some goals (well now it looks like he has problems with that too), his main negative was poor dribbling and ball control. He always loses the ball, when he tries to go one on one or just passes it back.

DinhoR10

Pedro was always able to score some goals (well now it looks like he has problems with that too), his main negative was poor dribbling and ball control. He always loses the ball, when he tries to go one on one or just passes it back.

Sad thing is is that he actually can dribble but for some reason his form has just been off in these last couple seasons with exceptions where he pulls it back to 2010.

BBZ8800

They are not going to be all injured at once... Pedro, Rafinha, Munir and Sandro are decent enough to cover any possible injuries.

Our board probably thought the same about our defense in the last 2 Seasons.

We "had" enough of quality players to cover the whole Season.
They "can't" get injured all in the same time...

On the paper we had Puyol, Pique, Mascherano, Bartra, Adriano and even Song for 2 CB positions.
Look what happened later.

++ Yes, with Pedro and 2-3 youngsters, that is a decent depth.
But only Messi, Ney, Suarez and 3 youngsters (without Pedro) is not good enough.

BBZ8800

He scored a hattrick against Rayo (4:0 away match), and against Getafe (5:2, after we were losing 0:2, away match again) last Season.
Again, he is not the best player in the world, but people forget his Goals too easily.

If any of our youngsters would have scored a hattrick on away match, people would rave about that for 6 Months.

He scored 15 League goals last Season. Neymar scored only 9, for example :/ (in less matches)

Last edited:

xavi_the_Boss

Nothing wrong having him around as a squad Player.His numbers weren´t far off from alexis last season and many said alexis had his best season at Barca.(Yeah Yeah i know Pedro didn´t score a golazo against both Madrid Clubs)

BerkeleyBernie

I think we have reached the point where people will bitch about Pedro until he's gone. I appreciate the efforts but I think we should just move on and let these people be because they won't change their mind and they say the exact same things over and over again no matter how much arguments you bring into it.

:D +1

Pedro will contribute this season. Exactly how much, we will find out.

Tonykross

He scored a hattrick against Rayo (4:0 away match), and against Getafe (5:2, after we were losing 0:2, away match again) last Season.
Again, he is not the best player in the world, but people forget his Goals too easily.

If any of our youngsters would have scored a hattrick on away match, people would rave about that for 6 Months.

He scored 15 League goals last Season. Neymar scored only 9, for example :/ (in less matches)

People should leave Pedro alone, he is not a superstar but is a great professional and squad player, will just go about his job and would not complain even when benched. Pedro had more goals than Neymar last year, how about that ?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Pedro is a great squad player. I do think he'll leave next season or the season after to go be a starter somewhere else though.

Home of Barca Fans