Pedro Rodriguez

Zangash

Banned
Played well, and that was a class finish by him at the end.

I don't understand why he's so drastically different when playing for Spain. It's frustrating.

JamDav1982

Played well, and that was a class finish by him at the end.

I don't understand why he's so drastically different when playing for Spain. It's frustrating.

He has been more central for Spain.

His game is all about hard work, movement and finishing. In theory Luchos tactics of having the three attacking players more central and all increased pressing should suit him down to the ground.

You wont get many better back up players than Pedro for that role.

Zangash

Banned
He has been more central for Spain.

His game is all about hard work, movement and finishing. In theory Luchos tactics of having the three attacking players more central and all increased pressing should suit him down to the ground.

You wont get many better back up players than Pedro for that role.

Yeah, no. That would be a logical explanation if he wasn't getting into the exact same positions. If he was wearing Blaugrana or Senyera he'd have shot the ball straight into the keeper or put it completely off target, if he didn't look for someone to pass it to instead. Never in a million years would he go for a chip shot, and actually nail it. It's not like he fails to get into decent positions when playing with Barca, he just doesn't have any lethal bones in his body when he is.

BerkeleyBernie

Yeah, no. That would be a logical explanation if he wasn't getting into the exact same positions. If he was wearing Blaugrana or Senyera he'd have shot the ball straight into the keeper or put it completely off target, if he didn't look for someone to pass it to instead. Never in a million years would he go for a chip shot, and actually nail it. It's not like he fails to get into decent positions when playing with Barca, he just doesn't have any lethal bones in his body when he is.

So...basically, you're saying Barça is the problem. :D

Frankly, there is no logic to anything you say either. So I suppose we just have to chalk up finishing at Barça as "a mystery."

I agree with JamDav1982: I think this season may prove different for all attacking players, Pedro included. But the biggest obstacle to scoring at Barça the past few seasons have been almost constant playing against 10 players behind the ball in their own box. The wing players are literally left on the sidelines (with no crossing options), with pretty much the overlapping fullbacks for support. Sometimes they can work it from the goal line in to square a ball, or draw a penalty, and on rare occasions get a chance on the counterattack,but it's been a tough gig. Changing positions and getting involved more centrally this season will be a new look compared to the Tito/Tata hugging the sidelines set-up.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

On another day he would have scored 2 at Villareal... I expect him to chip in with 10-15 goals without any complaints or moaning.

Neeraj

Is he back?

Back to hid old self? I don't think so. I watched the entire game, and first up, I thought Spain were looking more adventurous, moving the ball up with pace, never dilly-dallying. The spent force that we saw in the World Cup was not in play here, but they were playing a very very weak team, the defending was school boyish. Pedro had quite a few chances in the game, I clearly remember 2 chances which he shot straight at the keeper. Then, he had 2-3 times at the edge of the D where he was in a good position to do something, but tried squaring it and found a defender.. Overall, I didn't think he was that good, but still better than we seem him for Barca of late.

poncirus

Back to hid old self? I don't think so.

He was a constant menace for Macedonia though. Pressing, getting into good positions and adequate in build up, like old Pedro.

He just seems to have lost an edge to his game, his decision making was quite bad at times.

Home of Barca Fans