Pedro Rodriguez

CatalinR10

He scored a hattrick against Rayo (4:0 away match), and against Getafe (5:2, after we were losing 0:2, away match again) last Season.
Again, he is not the best player in the world, but people forget his Goals too easily.

If any of our youngsters would have scored a hattrick on away match, people would rave about that for 6 Months.

He scored 15 League goals last Season. Neymar scored only 9, for example :/ (in less matches)

so what , I should be kissing his ass for some hatrick when he was almost shit for 4 seasons ( compared to his early period at Barca ) ?

Don't put Neymar in this conversation because Pedro is shit compared to him.

A youngster scoring a hatrick in his first days at barca > a player who scored a hatrick and was almost useless in his last years at barca.

And no , he is not the best player in the world , he is far far far away from being even world class.

BBZ8800

Nothing wrong having him around as a squad Player.His numbers weren´t far off from alexis last season and many said alexis had his best season at Barca.(Yeah Yeah i know Pedro didn´t score a golazo against both Madrid Clubs)

+1
And they will say that Pedro doesn't deliver sex, lol :pedro:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
My problem with him is not his contribution, as he can still be very useful... Is just that for some reason he seems to have lost his first touch and dribbling abilities, so passing the ball to him is a gamble and many times our attack ends as soon as he touches the ball...

I like Pedro, but one can't deny he's not the player he once was, or at least he doesn't have the same impact he once had, which is weird considering he's still young...

barca7788

Nepali Cule
i think the high pressing game fading in our games in these couple of years have to do sth with his playing style.
hope lucho makes him the player he once was. lethal work horse.
but as i said i will never ever be comfortable bringing him while we need to score. would rather prefer pique upfront with the front three than him in his current form.

Kerrybai

so what , I should be kissing his ass for some hatrick when he was almost shit for 4 seasons ( compared to his early period at Barca ) ?

Don't put Neymar in this conversation because Pedro is shit compared to him.

A youngster scoring a hatrick in his first days at barca > a player who scored a hatrick and was almost useless in his last years at barca.

And no , he is not the best player in the world , he is far far far away from being even world class.

Why do you hate him so much? He's a backup player...

Zangash

Banned
Why do you hate him so much? He's a backup player...

Backup players still should be of somewhat decent quality. I know it's different positions and all, but look at last season. Putting Pinto in net more or less sealed our season as we went from having a keeper who could bail us out to a keeper who was actually a liability.

There isn't anything that Pedro brings to the team that Munir and Sandro can't also provide, except the latter two are more likely to score and have much higher potential ceilings compared to Pedro, who humorously is in his prime.

BBZ8800

There isn't anything that Pedro brings to the team that Munir and Sandro can't also provide

Those two together played only around 200 Minutes for the first team in the official matches till now.

I hope you won't get disappointed if their displays will be weaker in the future, since the sample to judge them is extremely small.

Ghosting

Those two together played only around 200 Minutes for the first team in the official matches till now.

I hope you won't get disappointed if their displays will be weaker in the future, since the sample to judge them is extremely small.

Yeah Tello looked like an absolute goal machine in his first few games

It's not like we'll get a lot of money for him anyway. Not sure why people want him sold so badly. Just keep him on the bench.

Exactly.. Pedro has been a substitute for 2 seasons and with the addition of Suarez + being benched by Munir twice I'm pretty confident that his 3rd season is coming. Now the Pedro hate brigade is bitching about how he is still part of the squad :lol: it's insane.

1 season. He was a starter under Tito.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned

Yes, they played around 200 minutes, and both of them have combined for two goals in two games. Just before season started you gave me a very, very long post detailing exactly why our season would fall to pieces and become irreparable if we gave them so much as 10 minute sub appearances against even the weakest teams in the league.

The only thing Pedro provides is a willingness to track back and help out defensively. This is not in skill, it's in attitude, which is why it's the only quality Pedro is able to maintain. Even if Munir comes on as our 4th choice forward and fails to create anything and generally vanishes when we have the ball, if he makes the trek back and helps defend our goal and cycle possession to the midfield and our other forwards I will not be disappointed in him, because he's still just a kid, compared to Pedro, who is enough of an established star that we should be expecting something more from him than just "Well he runs a lot". Saying "Oh, he runs a lot and tries hard" was the BS excuse most Alexis defenders had in his first couple of years here when he was complete garbage and getting outperformed by Tello on many occasions. (Even his last season here was pretty poor but since he scored a few more goals he's suddenly the second best winger we've ever had suddenly, so meh).

Home of Barca Fans