Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
2:0 Inter - opener
1:0 Almeria - winner
4:2 Mallorca - first two
1:1 Villareal - opener/the only one the team scored
1:0 Gijon - winner
2:1 Malaga - crucial opener 20 minutes before the end

so, Pedro "only has the sub quality", which means that he plays superb only as a sub? And all of these openers and winners just don't mean nothing, he still sucks as a starter?

Okay, tell me who should start instead of him and give me an example what he/they did as starters this season. I'm very curious.
And what does he do beside scoring? He was having THAT season until he stopped scoring. Now it's slowly dawning that he isn't fit for the job outside the box. Yeah, he has had an assist and a superb game versus Inter, but he doesn't cut it.

I see him as a perfect finisher to drop along a Zlatan or Henry kind of player in the last twenty minutes. Playing a tired defense in their own box. And then throw Piqué in there as well in the last minutes. Oh, there will be a goal alright.

His goal tally is yihhhaaaaaaaa though.

desoe

Oh do you miss the part that i said i acknowledge his crucial goal perhaps. Or do you like to based on these goals to say that he is a guaranteed XI while the fact that he hasnt possessed enough quality in his game is still there right in front of your eyes. TBH showing me these figure make no differences on the thing i'v said, he still lacks some aspect to be considered as the starting XI. Yet the situation sometimes leave us with only him as a viable option so im one of those who wants us to buy an experienced LW.

I want an experienced LW, too. And where I said he has or should has a guaranteed XI, please show me?
I reply to your post, where you certainly tried to say that Pedro don't bring quaility as a starter, then I mentioned all these important goals. It's good to see that you acknowledge their value.

And what does he do beside scoring?

Nothing worse than the people who're fighting for his spot.

But if we have a situation like that:

* Henry starts and doing nothing

* Pedro starts, doing nothing and score goals

I think I'll go for the second one. And "what does he do besides scoring", here you made it look like "what he does do beside doing throw-ins" :lol:
It's scoring, it should matter.

I have nothing against using him as a sub, but this means that we must have a solid and in-form Thierry Henry. Which in the last few months we obviously didn't.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I have nothing against using him as a sub, but this means that we must have a solid and in-form Thierry Henry. Which in the last few months we obviously didn't.
Yes yes, very true. Pedro certainly did better than Henry this year. But that doesn't warrant Pedro's quality as a starter in se. I have read it a few times here that we don't need someone at LW cause we have Pedro now.

That's not cool.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
GR8 performance the amount of energy he put in was just amazing! got his gol and was dangerous

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
very direct.

but his poor final ball was on display numerous times, especially at the end when he got away time and time again.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Scored a goal and while not having his best match he compensated it with his work rate. Well done Pedro.

Bionicman

He did a much better job with passing today. He had an assist for Messi, a potential assist for Iniesta, and some other plays where he stopped and passed inside. He still needs to learn how to kick aerial crosses, but he showed improvement in that facet of his game.

jairzinho

Good game from Pedro. He didn't do much wrong, but most importantly he kept the Stuttgart defense busy and put himself about.

Home of Barca Fans