Pedro Rodriguez

BerkeleyBernie

Goddamn #$@#$$% Pedro! Totally ineffectual in attack today, added nothing, and, save for Pique's header, Barça would have left with only 1 point. Can't be benched soon enough.

Zangash

Banned
Goddamn #$@#$$% Pedro! Totally ineffectual in attack today, added nothing, and, save for Pique's header, Barça would have left with only 1 point. Can't be benched soon enough.

I bet it makes you smile when Pedro doesn't get to play. Then you can make posts like this and not bother defending how shit he is. :lol:

BerkeleyBernie

I bet it makes you smile when Pedro doesn't get to play. Then you can make posts like this and not bother defending how shit he is. :lol:

It makes me smile because then I see Forumites looking around for another Barça scapegoat to blame for not meeting their unrealistic expectations of chalking up one Manita after another. :)

Every game is different, and, with the exception of a few exceptional players like Messi, most outcomes are going to be more the result of how the entire team works together over the full 90 minutes, the tactics, and the tactics and teamplay of the opposition, rather than the good/average/poor performance of a single player. When I've singled out players, it's not because they are on/off form, but rather that I've found their performance disruptive to Barça teamplay. Cesc, for instance, may have sculpted some individual moments, but at the expense of the integration of the entire team (recently pointed out again in his performances with Chelsea). When I've found fault with Neymar, it's for the same reason (and, for the record, seems to be improving a lot in that regard). The key thing I like about Pedro (and most Barça players) is that that is *never* the case- if anything, Pedro is a team player to a fault. The youngsters should not be expected not to spring from the womb of La Masia fully mature- of course they are going to take a while to fit, and, whatever their talents, will make more errors, no harm in that.

I haven't watched the first half yet, but what I saw of Samper in the second seemed more impressive than any other youngster beside Thiago, in that he understands and fits like he's been playing top division for years. If I had to bet on any of them becoming a key Barça player, it's him.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pedro is playing shit right now. If he does not improve we should sell him and give chances to Adama and Munir. Because of our lack of depth in attack he might very well start the next match. But I think we should stick with Munir. I have a feeling he will score next match i mean Munir.

Zangash

Banned
Pedro is playing shit right now. If he does not improve we should sell him and give chances to Adama and Munir. Because of our lack of depth in attack he might very well start the next match. But I think we should stick with Munir. I have a feeling he will score next match i mean Munir.

If Munir is fatigued I wouldn't be against giving the start to Sandro, or possibly even calling up a certain beast on our B team who kind of wrecked shit with Munir last season...

Zangash

Banned
It makes me smile because then I see Forumites looking around for another Barça scapegoat to blame for not meeting their unrealistic expectations of chalking up one Manita after another. :)

Hyperboles! Hyperboles everywhere!

Every game is different, and, with the exception of a few exceptional players like Messi, most outcomes are going to be more the result of how the entire team works together over the full 90 minutes, the tactics, and the tactics and teamplay of the opposition, rather than the good/average/poor performance of a single player.

What you just said half makes sense, but the other half is bullshit. If a single player plays poorly or a single player has a great game it directly impacts the game. Every player in every position needs to perform up to par and if Pedro can't perform in this early, easy part of the season he will absolutely not be able to when the goings get tough in February. Even if he is "Just" a backup, if he can't perform he has no right to even have that role. Xavi is a backup in midfield. Bartra is a backup in defense. Bravo/Mats are backup in goalkeeping. Each of these players actually brings something to the team, despite not necessarily being the starter. Pedro? He brings nothing. Hard work, I guess, but under Lucho everyone works hard.

When I've singled out players, it's not because they are on/off form, but rather that I've found their performance disruptive to Barça teamplay. Cesc, for instance, may have sculpted some individual moments, but at the expense of the integration of the entire team (recently pointed out again in his performances with Chelsea).

What if I told you Pedro's general ineptness in front of goal and large tendency to vanish for 15-25 minute periods is disruptive to teamplay?

When I've found fault with Neymar, it's for the same reason (and, for the record, seems to be improving a lot in that regard). The key thing I like about Pedro (and most Barça players) is that that is *never* the case- if anything, Pedro is a team player to a fault.

How did/does Neymar hurt our team play with individual moments? If anything he should be more individualistic sometimes. Often he gets the ball and looks for a pass when he really ought to just go for it.

The youngsters should not be expected not to spring from the womb of La Masia fully mature- of course they are going to take a while to fit, and, whatever their talents, will make more errors, no harm in that.

Not sure what you're on about here lad. This digression is strangely placed in context with the rest of your paragraph.

I haven't watched the first half yet, but what I saw of Samper in the second seemed more impressive than any other youngster beside Thiago, in that he understands and fits like he's been playing top division for years. If I had to bet on any of them becoming a key Barça player, it's him.

Agreed, but I was more impressed by Samper than Thiago. For all his quality, Thiago had a huge tendency to lose possession for no real reason and it costed us goals a lot of the time. Samper is far too collected on the ball to lose possession like that and tbh if we didn't have Busquets already he'd probably be a starter pretty soon.

Romarivaldinho

Unfortunately ever since the 2010/2011 campaign, Pedro has regressed. He used to be a lethal finisher and an above average passer & crosser of the ball. Now, offensively he has been borderline ineffective. What he still brings to the team though is his work rate and the willingness to close down and help in defense. This is important as Neymar & Messi don't like to do the dirty work often.

Mentioning this, I think he is still valuable as a squad player and should come on when we need to see out games as his energy can be very useful then.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

I agree with what Zangash said regarding this. Thiago with all the qualities he had was in more of a mould of a Ronaldoinho rather then possession retaining and controller Xavi. Samper is more composed and reliable when in possession of the ball than I ever saw Thiago be

DinhoR10

I agree with what Zangash said regarding this. Thiago with all the qualities he had was in more of a mould of a Ronaldoinho rather then possession retaining and controller Xavi. Samper is more composed and reliable when in possession of the ball than I ever saw Thiago be

I don't get the comparison to Ronaldinho for Thiago, sure he has some flair but he isn't anywhere close to him in terms of dribbling.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I don't get the comparison to Ronaldinho for Thiago, sure he has some flair but he isn't anywhere close to him in terms of dribbling.

Call it a lack of better description. He is a poor man's sloppy version of Ronnie to be accurate

Home of Barca Fans