Pedro Rodriguez

Andrew M

Guardiola´s departure. It´s pretty obvious he has one of the players that benefit the most from the pep era. The great coaches turn average players into great for some seasons. That´s why Pep did.

I think you may be right, but not the reason you cited.

Zangash

Banned
Correct, play wouldn't have left the Barça half without him. You can argue he should have done better with the placement of his one-touch redirection shot from Montoya's somewhat fortunate tackle/pass (which, from Pedro's angle, looked likely to be blocked behind the goal line), but one can't Monday morning quarterback what would have gone in (high, low, back post) and what the keeper/defenders would have blocked. He tried to punch it behind keeper low near post, which was a decent choice, as the keeper had started to move away from the post towards the center- a few inches over it's in. What he did do correctly was take it on one touch- any hesitation, and the defenders close the opening.

Kind of odd to see you here defending Pedro's performances from games weeks in the past but not even mentioning how everyone here is on his back for being continuously worse as the season goes on.

Anyways, there's no reason for him to be on the team anymore. The "Good backup" excuse is no longer valid, because as the game against PSG showed, he is not good enough to back our forwards up when one of them is unable to play. It's time to move forward and the permanent removal of Pedro from the starting XI is the only way we can ever dream of winning any trophies. We want players out there who will help us win games, not players who are there because they're bad enough to be happy playing backup.

zanela

Zanela you have found your jinx buddy- El Pedrito :lol:

My craft is sophisticated, and comes as a result of privileged natural talent and years of dedication perfecting it. Next time you commit such folly as to mention me in the same breath as a talentless lesser mortal, I'll seek one of your beloved for my next victim. :pep:

footyfan

Calma, calma
My craft is sophisticated, and comes as a result of privileged natural talent and years of dedication perfecting it. Next time you commit such folly as to mention me in the same breath as a talentless lesser mortal, I'll seek one of your beloved for my next victim. :pep:

Why don't you take on someone at your own talent level? Jinx Messi or Ronaldo. pls.

Zangash

Banned
Didn't get to watch the game because I was working but from what I hear he came on as a sub and proved each and every one of us wrong by immediately elevating the team and providing a danger that proved when Suarez gets back he should start alongside Messi and Suarez over Neymar.

Vamos Pedro!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Didn't get to watch the game because I was working but from what I hear he came on as a sub and proved each and every one of us wrong by immediately elevating the team and providing a danger that proved when Suarez gets back he should start alongside Messi and Suarez over Neymar.

Vamos Pedro!
Let me guess you heard about the game from Bernie :VdB:

Messi

The hate on Pedro at least in the match chat against Rayo was starting to get rediculous! Yes, he is having a run of bad form and we have yet to see that he can again be the player he was during Pep years, but even when he had decent actions, he was called "useless." I still have hopes for the guy, but for the moment he should not be a starter. Hope he can pick himself up!!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The hate on Pedro at least in the match chat against Rayo was starting to get rediculous! Yes, he is having a run of bad form and we have yet to see that he can again be the player he was during Pep years, but even when he had decent actions, he was called "useless." I still have hopes for the guy, but for the moment he should not be a starter. Hope he can pick himself up!!

This forum has been over this a million times, Pedro is NOT having "a run of bad form" - he's been sucking' for a fourth consecutive seasons (with maybe 4-5 alright games). Tbh, he's not even a decent backup anymore - he has lost it and we can't wait for a fifth season for him to find his form cause' it ain't coming back. Just sell him already, he's been given more than a fair share of chances to prove himself after he lost it - sry, but that is the bitter truth.

Home of Barca Fans