Pedro Rodriguez

MikeLoudDrop

This game was against a team that plays it's football in Segunda B. While I don't want to take anything away from our players we shouldn't be praising their skillz for beating the computer on Amateur.

DinhoR10

This game was against a team that plays it's football in Segunda B. While I don't want to take anything away from our players we shouldn't be praising their skillz for beating the computer on Amateur.

But he did the same thing for a couple games, scores a hattrick and a wonder goal in two games and does nothing the rest of the season.

BerkeleyBernie

Obviously, not a difficult opponent. Still, nice to see Pedro relax and have some swashbuckling fun, rather than his usual conservative play taking a back seat to the marquee forwards.

BerkeleyBernie

I don't understand why he doesn't play like this all the time, he can dribble and shoot but he just refuses to do it.

He's much more cautious in "serious" games, is smart enough to recognize when the opposition is more difficult to break through. His poor goal form, no doubt, also has made him try a bit too hard. I think the team today pretty much knew from the start that, barring idiocy, they were going to win this one, so went onto the pitch feeling loose. Also here, he was attacking the opposition with space, and not having to think first about looking for Messi, Neymar, or Suarez. Most of the time in La Liga competitions, he either gets the ball out on the wing with the opponent already sitting back in their box, or trying to reach/handle a ball over the top on a dead run.

Not to mention, the spot he hit it from today is one of his best scoring locations.

In any case, nice to see him have fun, and let's hope he can bring that looseness into future games.

Home of Barca Fans