Pedro Rodriguez

BerkeleyBernie

Ha, Pedro got totally screwed by the Huesca pitch on his sky ball miss. I was just watching a replay of the shot. Ball rolls on the carpet perfectly right up until the split second when Pedro has lined up his shot- at which point it jumps up a good 4 inches or more off the grass, right as he's swinging through.

pedro-huesca-whiff.gif

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
That would be so epic of Lucho. Imagine putting a useless forward who can cross for some reason and loves to defend as a RB.

It actually makes so much sense I can't believe it's never going to actually happen.

It makes sense which is precisely the reason it will not happen under Lucho. Lucho hipster don't do sense

Kohe321

What I love about that idea is that the flow, which is suffering every time Alves gets the ball, would go up like crazy. Also, it would mean Pedro would actually play regularly even when Messi, Neymar and Suarez is starting, and they would play together making an even more potent attack. The pressure on Pedro to score would be lessened, and he can let his shoulders down and do what he does best - which is to pass accurately for assists, keep the flow going and read the game, plus work hard. I don't care if Alves was once a better defender and has more experience in this position, it just doesn't matter when he more often than not is lazy and won't track back to actually do any defending. How many times have Pique had to leave his post to cover an attacker that ran past Dani at midfield, and Dani is just jogging after him not even trying to put pressure on him?

Pedro at RB could be used with similar success as Alba on LB I think. Suddenly our right attack would get way more dangerous and fluid, and Suarez and Messi would surely benefit a lot and score more. Please make it happen Lucho!

Last edited:

Neeraj

Come to think of it, it seems like such a great solution so all our RB problems! And it's so simple, don't even have to buy anyone! You just can't see how this would be worse than having Alves there, in fact, it might even be really good. I'm so excited about this and wish this could happen!

Kasperroed

How about no! :lucho:

How about yes?

I can't be worse than Douglas/Alves. If Cuadrado can play there, Pedro should also be able to do it.

Otherwise we could just turn to af 3-4-3 with Pedro a right-winger.

--------------- Bravo ----------------
Pique --- Mascherano --- Mathieu
Pedro - Rackitic - Busquets - Alba
--- Messi -- Suarez -- Neymar ---¨

However, that would leave Iniesta on the bench... :(

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
How about yes?

I can't be worse than Douglas/Alves. If Cuadrado can play there, Pedro should also be able to do it.

Otherwise we could just turn to af 3-4-3 with Pedro a right-winger.

--------------- Bravo ----------------
Pique --- Mascherano --- Mathieu
Pedro - Rackitic - Busquets - Alba
--- Messi -- Suarez -- Neymar ---¨

However, that would leave Iniesta on the bench... :(

Dude I used the Lucho smiley for a reason :lol:. I am answering from Lucho's perspective :lol:

Kohe321

I do not understand how Lucho could be opposed to this idea when he himself had the idea to buy Cuadrado, a forward type player who isn't a natural RB, and play him at RB in his system. Playing Pedro at RB would be the most natural continuation of this plan when we failed to get Cuadrado in the summer. In addition Pedro is already warm to the Barca style of playing with passing and keeping the ball moving, and has an understanding with Messi and our other players from years of playing together, so I'd even be more inclined to use Pedro there rather than Cuadrado to begin with - if our gameplan is to play our LB/RBs high up as wingers in attack in this system. Especially when we can save those 40m and spend it elsewhere.

BarcaVillain

I don't see it working, putting Pedro in at RB.

It's one thing to have work rate and be effective going forward, quite another actually being able to time a tackle and, far more importantly, have the positional intelligence. Those aren't things you just pick up. Whatever people say about Alves, when he actually tries, he can defend, as he's played that position all of his career. I think it would be naive of any of us to think that the ideas we come up with haven't been considered by a professional football manager, who sees the players day in, day out in training, thus I am inclined to go with their take on tactics.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I don't see it working, putting Pedro in at RB.

It's one thing to have work rate and be effective going forward, quite another actually being able to time a tackle and, far more importantly, have the positional intelligence. Those aren't things you just pick up. Whatever people say about Alves, when he actually tries, he can defend, as he's played that position all of his career. I think it would be naive of any of us to think that the ideas we come up with haven't been considered by a professional football manager, who sees the players day in, day out in training, thus I am inclined to go with their take on tactics.

Spot on. He might be able to play there, but he most likely wouldn't defend well.

Home of Barca Fans