Pedro Rodriguez

anguy

It's one thing to have work rate and be effective going forward, quite another actually being able to time a tackle and, far more importantly, have the positional intelligence. Those aren't things you just pick up. Whatever people say about Alves, when he actually tries, he can defend, as he's played that position all of his career. I think it would be naive of any of us to think that the ideas we come up with haven't been considered by a professional football manager, who sees the players day in, day out in training, thus I am inclined to go with their take on tactics.

Well, then we must try 3-5-2.

----------------------------GK------------------------------------

----------Bartra--------Pique---------Mathieu---------------

---------------------Busq/Masch------------------------------
-Alves/Doug/Pedro-----------------------------------Alba--
-----------------Messi--------------Iniesta/Rak-------------

----------------Suarez--------------Neymar-----------------

This formation would play into team's strenghts IMO. Alba and RB can concentrate on attacking duties and Messi and Iniesta/Rak can play more centrally without the need to cover for fullbacks. And Suarez and Neymar can play as inside forwards, instead of wingers which suits them best too.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Spot on. He might be able to play there, but he most likely wouldn't defend well.
So you mean essentially better than Alves going forward and on par in defending. I don't see the downside. He wanted Cuadrado for that position and he is worse than Pedro in defense and passing aswell

Kohe321

So you mean essentially better than Alves going forward and on par in defending. I don't see the downside. He wanted Cuadrado for that position and he is worse than Pedro in defense and passing aswell

Yeah that's what I thought as well. Most people are saying that if only we had gotten Cuadrado this summer to play at RB, then Luchos system would work a lot better than it does right now. How can Cuadrado fit so well in Luchos system but not Pedro? They are pretty similar, neither is a natural RB, both have a high workrate and good pace. What Cuadrado has in strength over Pedro, Pedro makes up for in better passing and understanding from years of playing together.

If this works it could give Pedro a new spring in Barca. :)

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
How can Cuadrado fit so well in Luchos system but not Pedro?

Simple answer. Cuadrado doesn't fit "Lucho's system" either. Cuadrado is mostly playing second striker for Viola these days. Cuadrado at rightback is only a discussion because Barca's sporting director also thinks Alex Song can play centerback.

Kohe321

Simple answer. Cuadrado doesn't fit "Lucho's system" either. Cuadrado is mostly playing second striker for Viola these days. Cuadrado at rightback is only a discussion because Barca's sporting director also thinks Alex Song can play centerback.

I disagree, Cuadrado does fit Luchos system, and he would be huge improvement over Alves in it. I mean, our LB and RB is playing much more like wingers than defenders in his system, which is why the left and right midfielders are so stretched out taking a lot of the defensive duty from them. Say what you will about the system (I am not a fan of it), but it's undeniable that using a more dangerous attacking player as a wingback would be better. That's why I can't understand why Lucho won't use Pedro here when his idea was to use Cuadrado, as Pedro and Cuadrado are much more similar than Alves and Cuadrado.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I can't understand why Lucho won't use Pedro here when his idea was to use Cuadrado, as Pedro and Cuadrado are much more similar than Alves and Cuadrado.

Its too logical and thats not how Lucho rolls. You know unpredictability and all that crap.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I finally saw Pedro of 2009-2011. Beautiful stuff. Smart movement and triangles, great positioning to set up the hat-trick and DAT first touch.

khaled_a_d

I don't see it working, putting Pedro in at RB.

It's one thing to have work rate and be effective going forward, quite another actually being able to time a tackle and, far more importantly, have the positional intelligence. Those aren't things you just pick up. Whatever people say about Alves, when he actually tries, he can defend, as he's played that position all of his career. I think it would be naive of any of us to think that the ideas we come up with haven't been considered by a professional football manager, who sees the players day in, day out in training, thus I am inclined to go with their take on tactics.

This,finally someone is saying it,I am not against trying Pedro for that position if needed but we shouldn't force it,same thing with Adama

Home of Barca Fans