Pedro Rodriguez

BerkeleyBernie

You look at the options he had for each opportunity on goal, and you can see the decisions the have to be made in a split second. Today, they worked out. First opp- pass to Messi, or shoot? Second opp- shoot, pass to Messi, or pass to Neymar? The first opp, I'm glad he shot- he had time to set it up, and Messi was dragging both defenders. Probably still could have put it on Messi's feet, but Pedro had the better look at goal. Second- was probably trying to help Messi get his hat trick, but Neymar at the back post was the easier angle. That cutback to Messi had to be perfect to thread the defenders, and it was.

Props to Alba for seeing Pedro/Messi on the run and that fantastic long diagonal ball.

Pepe Silvia

Great performance from Pedro and good to keep pressure on Suárez and Neymar.
Good way to look at it. Agreed.

I will say though, that it is still a long uphill battle for Pedro to get on the good graces of many fans. His consistency is directly related to his confidence. Whatever the cause of his recent confidence boost, I'm happy but I have to wonder what's taken so long.

Kohe321

You look at the options he had for each opportunity on goal, and you can see the decisions the have to be made in a split second. Today, they worked out. First opp- pass to Messi, or shoot? Second opp- shoot, pass to Messi, or pass to Neymar? The first opp, I'm glad he shot- he had time to set it up, and Messi was dragging both defenders. Probably still could have put it on Messi's feet, but Pedro had the better look at goal. Second- was probably trying to help Messi get his hat trick, but Neymar at the back post was the easier angle. That cutback to Messi had to be perfect to thread the defenders, and it was.

Props to Alba for seeing Pedro/Messi on the run and that fantastic long diagonal ball.

Good analysis. I'm really happy Pedro had a good game again, hopefully he can keep this up.

What is your take on the idea of playing him as a wingback in Luchos system btw? It would be interesting, and fun to see Pedro, Messi, Ney and Suarez together. The flow on the right flank would certainly improve tenfold. :)

BerkeleyBernie

What is your take on the idea of playing him as a wingback in Luchos system btw? It would be interesting, and fun to see Pedro, Messi, Ney and Suarez together. The flow on the right flank would certainly improve tenfold. :)

I'm not opposed to it, though I agree it's not the same as being an experienced defender. Maxwell played both as a winger and fullback in his career, though I believe he started as a defender. Pedro wouldn't go to ground as much as Masch, but that's not necessary in most cases. He certainly tracks back as well or better than Alves, combines as well, crosses better, shoots better, decides better, and is probably less likely to be beaten 1v1, as he has quicker feet. His positioning awareness is quite good, but it's for the role he currently has- to press, to cut off passing lanes out of the opponent's side. I've no reason to think he couldn't learn positioning as a less advanced player. His pace is excellent, of course, and one would think his stamina as well, but not sure if it is as good as Dani's, as he also gets a lot of rest as a forward.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I always wanted Pedrito to pick up form again. The only annoying things were Bernie's comments (sry buddy) about bad performances which started pointless discussions when he was playing awful and it was obvious.
Pedro's decision making was spot on today which brought him a goal and an assist.

Keep it up!

B

beautifulgame

Very efficient from what's saw. Couple chances couple goals for Barca woth Pedro

Ruthless

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Is it just me or Pedro tends to pull his shit together just when he has better players then him ahead in the pecking order in this case Neymar and Suarez before when he was in prime Pedro mode he had Messi, Henry and Eto ahead in the pecking order and he displaced Henry. Maybe it just takes the pressure off Pedro knowing that he is not expected to light up everything and when he does do it, it boosts his confidence to prime Pedro level at least temporarily.

Empty

If so, that's fine. I have always liked Pedro, and albeit I think Neymar (and Suarez) are technically "better players," Pedro does offer us certain attributes and when in good/decent form, is an important part of the squad. Woe to those who screamed sell him incessantly. Would rather have Pedro than Alexis, that's for sure. Alexis was a completely pointless purchase and did nothing to strengthen areas we actually needed to strengthen (namely at the time, more quality finishers and defense).

BerkeleyBernie

Pedro "Take a breather, Dani, I got you covered" Rodriguez:

espanyol-pedro-fullback-01.jpg

espanyol-pedro-fullback-02.jpg

espanyol-pedro-fullback-03.jpg

espanyol-pedro-fullback-04.jpg

Neimax

Pedro is a very special player. Until Suarez came, he played a bad season. If he would have been in form, he could have played by far more than he did, but instead of it, he played shit, because he didn't have enough pressure I think. Now, Suarez is there and Pedro is at his top again. He always gets the best out of him when he has to fight to get a spot in the startin 11. Would love to see him starting against PSG instead of Suarez. He would deserve it.

L

linetty

So good to see him perform, finally! He was slowly making it hard for me to watch him without getting mentally ill and now he bursts with form and completely nails it!

Good guy Pedrito is back.

L

linetty

B4RjiNxCIAEGy84.jpg

I absolutely luvd that finish, perfect placement! Damn, my Pedro love machine is gaining momentum again...

I

instinct

Berkeleys pictures sum up why Pedro shouldn't be sold and why Alves is garbage when it comes to defending.

Home of Barca Fans