Pedro Rodriguez

Zangash

Banned
With the mess that was our formation in this game I'm not entirely sure what position he was playing but he played his role well. He'll probably never be a great player again but he can fill a squad role if he maintains his current level somehow.

aondoe

Great performance. Pedro is a natural winger really impacted the game. Stretches the field on offense. Covered very good on defense.

BerkeleyBernie

Good times, good times. A Pedro cannon blast golazo, a typical Barça counterattack high line defensive error, and a fantastic team goal. Barca vs Malaga 2-1, Feb 2010.

F

Flavia

He wasn't that bad. It was another game Barça played without a system, players looking lost and out of ideas. Can't blame pedro for that.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
We can blame him for missing easy passes and dribbling head first into defenders, though...

However, as crap as he was, he shouldn't have been subbed... Suárez should have left the pitch and Munir wasn't really better than Pedro...

Antimadridista1

He is very frustrating. He is too predictable on 1 vs 1... creates nothing. He reminds me a bit of Oscar -> works hard but in terms of creating occasions, he is shit.

barcanuck

This is what happens when Pedro starts too much, he sucks having any sort of consistency.

Would of started Iniesta on LW without hesitation and taken a page out of Tito's book.

CatalinR10

lol at people thinking he was returning to his old self by scoring against Huesca and Espanyol when the game was already over .

Kohe321

It's not surprising though. Pedro is a player that suffers a lot when the general teamplay is bad and the service from the midfield is non-existant. He's not the player who will dribble past two defenders and pull a rabbit out of a hat and turn the game around when we're struggling to create chances. Pedro is a player that is good to have when the team and the gameplay is "clicking", in matches where we're struggling to create chances he disappears completely. Nothing new there.

That's why I think Pedros poor form is closely connected to the similar steady decline of Barcas ability to play that fluid and quick passing game that we were known for before. We moved the ball much quicker before, and we also moved the players without the ball, something we have stopped doing almost completely. Which is odd, as quick and constant movement off the ball was one of our biggest characteristics when we won so much. If you look at the period where Pedro was bossing it for us, we played very differently than we have been doing the past couple of years. I think Pedro could be placed in a team like Dortmund, Arsenal or City and do very well again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans