Pedro Rodriguez

anguy

Yeah, that's bullshit. The Pedro of old didn't need a good team because he was part of what made it good.

No. He was always team player with all its positives and negatives. His linkup with other teamates is great, but if gameplan breaks down he's unable to create anything by himself. Neymar is his polar opposite - his linkup is quite poor (aside his chemistry with Messi), but he can win you game when everything goes wrong, like against PSG.

Zangash

Banned
Sorry but how does your argument make mine look like bullshit?

Because you're essentially saying the only reason Pedro sucks now is because the team sucks, when in reality him sucking now is a major contributor to the team sucking.

If he relies so heavily on the team being of a decent level for him to remember how not to ruin a counterattack by dribbling the ball straight into his defender then he has to leave, because we have a certain player in our B team who actually knows how to dribble and doesn't need the "My team sucks" excuse.

barcanuck

You'd rather have a youngster who scored one goal against a B side, over a world cup winning veteran who scored a hat-trick against a B side?

Yup, Pedro provides more risk than reward now since he gets pushed off the ball like a puppet by the big boys.

BerkeleyBernie

If he relies so heavily on the team being of a decent level for him to remember how not to ruin a counterattack by dribbling the ball straight into his defender then he has to leave, because we have a certain player in our B team who actually knows how to dribble and doesn't need the "My team sucks" excuse.

Neymar? He's on the A team and dribbles the ball straight into defenders.

neymar-sevilla-07.jpg

:lol: So Neymar must need that "my team sucks" excuse, huh?

Pedro has his deficiencies (i.e. terrible run of finishing), but he is actually one of Barça's best at launching counters, dribbling the ball out of danger from Barça's half and releasing it quickly, or holding it up when isolated. He did a great job launching the counter versus Getafe and passing it up to Suarez, then beating a slow-jogging Messi by a long ways to get into the box to provide Suarez a target on the counter that he started (and then proceeded, apparently to totally whiff Suarez' cross :lol:).

Hate him for his finishing, man.

Zangash

Banned
Neymar? He's on the A team and dribbles the ball straight into defenders.

neymar-sevilla-07.jpg

:lol: So Neymar must need that "my team sucks" excuse, huh?

Pedro has his deficiencies (i.e. terrible run of finishing), but he is actually one of Barça's best at launching counters, dribbling the ball out of danger from Barça's half and releasing it quickly, or holding it up when isolated. He did a great job launching the counter versus Getafe and passing it up to Suarez, then beating a slow-jogging Messi by a long ways to get into the box to provide Suarez a target on the counter that he started (and then proceeded, apparently to totally whiff Suarez' cross :lol:).

Hate him for his finishing, man.

I "hate" (Overall a strong word. the only player I can say I probably hate is Douglas and even then, that hate is mostly directed at the board) Pedro for being an ineffective member of the team, of which Neymar is not. The only difference between his usual contribution to the team and Sergi Roberto's usual contribution to the team is Sergi doesn't have trophies in his closet.

anguy

Well let's say it clearly - Pedro can't dribble at all. Neymar sometimes loses the ball, but his dribbles also often work, Pedro is completely unable to beat his opponent so he only does 2 things - passes the ball to someone else, or loses it.

DinhoR10

Well let's say it clearly - Pedro can't dribble at all. Neymar sometimes loses the ball, but his dribbles also often work, Pedro is completely unable to beat his opponent so he only does 2 things - passes the ball to someone else, or loses it.

Well thats a flat out lie, he may not be a top dribbler or even a top 50(maybe even 100) dribbler but he can dribble. Theres no way he would have made it out of the academy otherwise.

Edit: Wow that video has atrocious finishing from Alexis and Messi :lol:

Last edited:

André

0,6 tackles per game (less than Neymar or Messi, and that was supposed to be his best quality. He only runs like a headless chicken), 0.8 key passes per game and 0.8 dribbles per game. Be sure I would start Adama or Sandro in front of this guy.

BerkeleyBernie

Be sure I'd rather look at the whoscored homepage than watching games.

:lol: +1

Pedro *can* dribble, but I'd agree Neymar is a bit better at 1v1s from a dead stop (since coming to La Liga, Neymar usually loses the ball in 1v1s, too, but occasionally is successful). Pedro and Neymar are both very good dribblers running at defenders with speed on the counterattack; I'd even say Pedro is better at staying on his feet when fouled, while Neymar is more prone to go down.

BerkeleyBernie

Wow that video has atrocious finishing from Alexis and Messi :lol:

:lol: Some of those were difficult, but many of them Pedro just set on a platter.

Love the 1-touch backheel flick to Messi at 4:43. Messi must have been feeling selfish that day; a 1-touch back to Pedro and he would have been through 1v1 on the keeper.

gatsu

What's the fastest thing on a pitch? The ball. The most efficient way to make difference is through precise an fast pass, this is the Barça way, the dribbling is only privileged when there is no other better option.

Like Xavi, like Messi like every Massia player, Pedro depend highly on mouvements, Neymar is a different kind of player, he is extremely skilled, but he is lacking in the tactical departement, in term of choice making he is still quite average.

CatalinR10

fucking lol talking about Neymar vs Pedro when it comes to dribbling. Pedro can't even do 10% of what Neymar does but we have these random conversations on bf.

BerkeleyBernie

fucking lol talking about Neymar vs Pedro when it comes to dribbling. Pedro can't even do 10% of what Neymar does but we have these random conversations on bf.

Neymar has a larger bag of tricks than Pedro, but he's not 90% more effective in his dribbling results. Neymar is also a bit more effective in 1v1s from a dead stop, but he also tries such take-ons a lot more (instead of passing back). He still loses the ball a lot, but, like Messi, he is given freedom to try. As far as dribbling on the counter with pace, Pedro and Neymar are about equal in dribbling effectiveness, though my impression is that 1) Pedro hits the dirt a lot less than Neymar, and 2) Pedro releases the ball to a teammate quicker.

Kerrybai

Great to see Pedro doing well. I'm glad we kept him as he's the ideal squad player. Berkley keep fighting the good fight.

Home of Barca Fans