Pedro Rodriguez

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
After sacking Zubi, I'd be disappointed if we have still have poor negotiators. We should be able to get around €20-25m for him.

Alik

After sacking Zubi, I'd be disappointed if we have still have poor negotiators. We should be able to get around €20-25m for him.

Agreed. Pedro is easily worth that much.

Shurrle was sold for 32 million euros. Cuadrado more than that. Then you have Morata sold for like 20 million.

Last edited:

Ritchie

We can't afford to lose him this summer because of the ban and he can leave for nothing in 2016 if he doesn't sign a contract. I don't think he'll want to spend the rest of his career on the bench.

Zangash

Banned
I don't know what some od you want. Pedro is a perfect squad player.

A good squad player, at least imo, is a player who, while not being a starter, is capable of playing and putting on a decent to solid performance when we need them to do a job. Rafinha is a good squad player. Bartra is a good squad player. Xavi is a good squad player. These players, despite their faults, can reasonably perform if anything were to happen to our starters. If anything were to happen to Neymar, Messi, or Suarez and we had to rely on Pedro, we'd be fucked.

How in any way is Pedro a perfect squad player?

Icarium

Lifestealer
We will only sell Pedro if he wants to leave. He is a good squad player if he is willing to accept the sub role which I dont think he will. Honestly though I would sell him, lets suppose we are trailing and look at the bench for attacking subs it is fucking Pedro. If we only keep him for rotation purpose, I would rather have young potential forwards. Pedro will just be the way of young players.

F

Flavia

MD has a piece on him today. They say Pedro is worried that being a sub here can jeopardize his spot in the NT. So that he is really considering leaving in the summer.

LordLichtenstein

Messi - won't accept sub role
Suárez - won't accept sub role
Neymar - won't accept sub role

Rakitić - accepts being subbed
Iniesta - accepts being subbed
Busquets - accepts being subbed

How will Barca ever sign another attacker, when our front 3 looks like this?

The only logical thing to do is, sub a midfielder and move Messi down into the "iniesta role".

When?

1. Against low ranking teams - play Messi, Busquets and Rakitić in the midfield.

2. Against mid ranking teams - When/if we lead be 2-0 or 3-0 at the 60 minute mark, sub either Iniesta or Rakitić for an attacker and move Messi down into the midfield.

3. Against high ranking team - regardless of the result, at the 75 minute mark, sub either Iniesta or Rakitić for an attacker and move Messi down into the midfield.

When either Messi, Neymar or Suárez needs rest or simply cannot play due to yellow or red cards, then let the sub attacker cover for the one missing. and play our "normal" midfield formation.

This is how things must be if Barca wants to sign yet another big profil attacker.

barcanuck

Messi - won't accept sub role
Suárez - won't accept sub role
Neymar - won't accept sub role

Rakitić - accepts being subbed
Iniesta - accepts being subbed
Busquets - accepts being subbed

How will Barca ever sign another attacker, when our front 3 looks like this?

The only logical thing to do is, sub a midfielder and move Messi down into the "iniesta role".

When?

1. Against low ranking teams - play Messi, Busquets and Rakitić in the midfield.

2. Against mid ranking teams - When/if we lead be 2-0 or 3-0 at the 60 minute mark, sub either Iniesta or Rakitić for an attacker and move Messi down into the midfield.

3. Against high ranking team - regardless of the result, at the 75 minute mark, sub either Iniesta or Rakitić for an attacker and move Messi down into the midfield.

When either Messi, Neymar or Suárez needs rest or simply cannot play due to yellow or red cards, then let the sub attacker cover for the one missing. and play our "normal" midfield formation.

This is how things must be if Barca wants to sign yet another big profil attacker.

That's why we don't need another attacker signed, guys like Adama, Munir, Sandro and Deulofeu are bench material who accept sub roles.

Home of Barca Fans