Pedro Rodriguez

BerkeleyBernie

Pedro's been great in the minutes he's gotten. I really admire what he does for us coming as a sub. That combination with Messi that led to the penalty was brilliant and the other pass to put Leo through was equally well placed although 2 seconds late which is a damn shame as the finish was simply magisterial.

More like 1/2 second. Messi was nearly in line with the defenders.

pedro-messi.jpg

Kohe321

Pedro had a great cameo, I think he should have been subbed on for Neymar 10 minutes earlier at the least. Ney didn't have a good game, and Pedro was hungry and provided the service that Neymar couldn't do at the end.

Hope he gets to start against Granada.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Pedro had a great cameo, I think he should have been subbed on for Neymar 10 minutes earlier at the least. Ney didn't have a good game, and Pedro was hungry and provided the service that Neymar couldn't do at the end.

Hope he gets to start against Granada.

To be fair, Pedro played against 10 men. But he is also less of a winger and tends to move inside off the touch line far more often than Neymar. Neymar wants to get the ball outside and take on players. Pedro moves inside without the ball to play more of a pivot role.

Also tactically, from what I recall, it was far easier for City to mark Neymar out of the game because of his outside position, whereas Messi often had a lot of space because of his wandering free role.

J

Jamie Cal

He will get his start vs Granada most probably.

Hope he does. Neymar needs to pull up his socks a bit. His form in 2015 has been pretty meh, with a few goals to mask bad performances. Pedge needs minutes too.

anguy

To be fair, Pedro played against 10 men. But he is also less of a winger and tends to move inside off the touch line far more often than Neymar. Neymar wants to get the ball outside and take on players. Pedro moves inside without the ball to play more of a pivot role.

I don't think it's true. I think LE wants Neymar to play closer to the touchline, it's not Neymars decision. He does it to help Alba/left flank and give Suarez more space.At the beginning of the season he played more centrally, scored more and looked more comfortable. Pedro doesn't play near touchline, because he can't play near touchline. His dribbling ability is much worse than Neymar's so he'd be unable to beat his man one on one.

anguy

...he says after Pedro provides two key passes to Messi in sub minutes...

In a match that was already won and everyone played well. I want to see him contribute in a match when things don't work. I want him to come from the bench and drastically improve our play and save the day. When has it ever happened? Like I said he doesn't need to be better than Suarez/Neymar. He just needs to be better, when they are out of form and team needs him.

L

linetty

Came over this thread to read the comment and this screenshot remembered me of how great this could've been if only the ball was released half a second earlier. :messi:

anguy

Don't worry Neymar will miss the next game, you'll see Pedro the starter in action. I just hope it will be worth it...

Home of Barca Fans