Pedro Rodriguez

JamDav1982

Neymar didnt even play that badly.

He hit the post and missed a couple of chances but he also played his part in a lot of the moves going forward and set up three of the best chances of the game - one to Suarez and two to Messi.

The press etc dont seem to think he was shit either, ESPN for example giving him an 8/10 and praising him as a constant menace.

Pedro could barely play like that on a good day and i am a fan of Pedro.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It sure is problem with a memory if you can't remember how much good Pedro has done for this team since 2008.

Pedro has done a lot of good for the team. I won't ever take away what he has done for FC Barcelona and never ever undermine his contribution, but situations changes, players changes. Pedro is not good enough to be a starter. You might be of the opinion that Neymar is in bad form, which he is regards to his finishing, but IMO his movement and runs behind the defence equally helps the team and most importantly Messi stretching the play and opening up space.

This is not 2008 anymore, or 2009, or 2010, or 2011. It's 2015 and Pedro is just not good enough to start and has not showed anything to warrant a start over someone like Neymar despite of the Brazilian being out of form lately. Because if we are to compare Neymar's poor run of form with how Pedro has been doing the last couple of seasons then Neymar will still come out of top. If this poor run of form should see him getting benched then what should Pedro's mostly poor form over the last couple of years do?

BerkeleyBernie

I still think he should have played at least 15 minutes...

I think it's pretty obvious Lucho wanted to give Neymar a chance to boost his confidence with a goal; he made the man management choice over the game management one, as Barça only had to hold onto their 2 goal lead. It was an understandable decision.

Pepe Silvia

Poor guy. Neymar can play like shit he's always gonna start while Pedro gets the scraps.
Poor guy? Pedro is nothing more than a bench warmer. He would probably be in a segunda team had Barca sold him 2-3 seasons ago like what should have been done. He served good time for the club but he fell off hard and doesn't come CLOSE to what Neymar offers. To compare the two is ridiculous.

footyfan

Calma, calma
If Pedro were to have played today, he would've felt more at home in the light blue jerseys. That's his level right now.

Ursegor

World Champion
The moment Pedro doesn't play much and Neymar struggles a bit with form nostalgia kicks in and some people might think Pedro deserves minutes because he does some good things in burried games as a sub in the 80th minute when already 3 goals up or because he scored in a CL final when Jesus was alive. But if he actually got a string of games in meaningful games, always remember what he did in the past 5 years when allowed some spotlight: his best "calculating ball retention mastery" wing pivot impression - you give him the ball, he one-touch passes it back immediately. Even an off-form Neymar created a couple of great chances, made the right movements to get into goalscoring positions (would've 100 % scored if Suarez had squared the ball) and hit the post.

Fibonacci

Poor guy? Pedro is nothing more than a bench warmer. He would probably be in a segunda team had Barca sold him 2-3 seasons ago like what should have been done. He served good time for the club but he fell off hard and doesn't come CLOSE to what Neymar offers. To compare the two is ridiculous.

That's also a ridiculous claim. How many caps does he have for Spain? FFS

Elite-BkD

Pedro in these oceans of space typically does quite well, especially with Messi going off like that. Could easily have won this by 2-3 goals or perhaps more.

Considering, I'd say Suarez and Neymar were disappointing.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Bit harsh. He'd start for most teams in the BPL. He would probably start for team in La Liga outside of Atleti/Barca/Real.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Pedro in these oceans of space typically does quite well, especially with Messi going off like that. Could easily have won this by 2-3 goals or perhaps more.

Considering, I'd say Suarez and Neymar were disappointing.

Well, Suarez was disappointing - but Neymar was alright beside 1-2 missed chances. BUT, I would have given Pedro the last 25 minutes or so that Ney could have got his rest. Don't think Lucho plans to play Pedro in the Classico, but that would really surprise me.

BBZ8800

I'm going to bed now. Just to reiterate my final point: There's no way we could've guessed how this game was going to play out before the match started, but 60 mins into the game it was clear that Neymar was having the worst night ever and that it was reasonable to expect an improvement by subbing Pedro in.

Neymar was horrible and I also wanted him to be replaced, but imo, Lucho was cautious because he knew that City or any major team can score 2 goals in 5 minutes and then we would go into the extra time.

So, imo, Lucho knew that Neymar was a total crap, but he was waiting, because he knew that Rakitic will lose the energy soon (that is 1 substitution), and then, if he changed Neymar in the 60th Minute and if we somehow conceded 2 Goals, we would have only 1 substitution left, and that is 30 minutes of regular time plus 30 minutes of extra time (if some injury or red card happens, we would be screwed and without too many tactical options in extra time).

So, imo, Lucho was playing "safe" an all fronts (playing the safest option as Dmc=Masch, playing the safest option at Dc when we don't have Masch=Mathieu etc), so, he was just playing it safe with Neymar and possible extra time.
So, he rather kept crappy Neymar since we were leading 1:0, than to make some risky moves.
(Plus, of course, even the crappy Neymar can still cause a danger and score a Goal on a counterattack. Plus, he will always be marked by 1-2 defenders, and create spaces for Suarez and Messi)

If Ney will be horrible in some other La Liga matches, he will probably be substituted earlier.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

It sure is problem with a memory if you can't remember how much good Pedro has done for this team since 2008.

Tbf, that was a long time ago, Bojan. He hasn't been the same for the past 3 seasons. Right now he's keita-like, a useful squad player, but not a starter.

L

linetty

Bojan, do you think Pedro should start the Clasico because of what has he done in 2008-2011? Because that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Home of Barca Fans