Pedro Rodriguez

Neymessi

Neymar has been rested.Bad form or not,Neymar is still a better option than pedro in big matches even right now.Pedro has been decent for the last few matches that he's played but thats about it.You can't trust him more than someone who has scored 25+goals till now just because of some recent bad matches.Not taking sides or anything but pedro has to be at the bench for the upcoming big games.

mark1nhu

Just wait for future matches when Neymar+Iniesta+Rafinha will play together.
In 4 out of 5 matches, our midfield will be all over the place.

You will see patterns then and how "fluent" is our game on those days.
With or without mistakes from Dani Alves.

Jesus...

It is obvious that different set of players brings different style of play, each one better fitted to specific matches.

It is not exactly a quantum physics theory and I already agreed with you about that pretty obvious aspect.

What I cannot agree is your attempt to blame some players, just cherry-picking two casual losses to make a case, when in reality we played like we should play in both matches: dominating ball possession, controlling the game, maintaining a good defensive security (despite Dani mistakes) and creating a lot hell of chances.

It is dishonest, it is ugly, it is embarrassing and I will not waste my time anymore trying to help you to see that.

See you in another argument.

;)

tikitakito

Jesus...

It is obvious that different set of players brings different style of play, each one better fitted to specific matches.

It is not exactly a quantum physics theory and I already agreed with you about that pretty obvious aspect.

What I cannot agree is your attempt to blame some players, just cherry-picking two casual losses to make a case, when in reality we played like we should play in both matches: dominating ball possession, controlling the game, maintaining a good defensive security (despite Dani mistakes) and creating a lot hell of chances.

It is dishonest, it is ugly, it is embarrassing and I will not waste my time anymore trying to help you to see that.

See you in another argument.

;)

Honestly .. Pedro's magic has gone. Work ethic is still there but apart from that he brings nothing extra Barca needs.

BerkeleyBernie

Average...some nice combination passes and some misplaced ones. Barça slowed the game considerably around the 85th minute, and tried not to expose itself too much in attack.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Man if this was Neymar, the 3 usual suspects would have posted 20 posts already.

ZERO impact, ZERO treat today.

StarLord

Has long expired as a Barca player. He had two epic seasons with us, and that was it!

Thing is, he may be here still come 2016. How is that possible in this universe?

King5Puyi

There have been strong rumours all season of him not happy with game time and possibly looking for a move. There are rumours of Inter and Liverpool.

But at the end of the day, for the role he does, he's quite decent to have as a back up.

Ursegor

World Champion
There have been strong rumours all season of him not happy with game time and possibly looking for a move. There are rumours of Inter and Liverpool.

But at the end of the day, for the role he does, he's quite decent to have as a back up.

I disagree with this. Unless it's about defending a lead with his workrate, I wouldn't bet money on Pedro as a super sub making any sort of offensive impact if Messi, Suarez or Neymar have a day off. His finishing even with consistent minutes has always been iffy. As a sub with limited game time it's even worse. I'd rather have some old number 9 with amazing aerial and holdup play like Aduriz. At least it adds a different dimension from the bench. Or even get back Tello and make use of his ridiculous pace from the bench.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I disagree with this. Unless it's about defending a lead with his workrate, I wouldn't bet money on Pedro as a super sub making any sort of offensive impact if Messi, Suarez or Neymar have a day off. His finishing even with consistent minutes has always been iffy. As a sub with limited game time it's even worse. I'd rather have some old number 9 with amazing aerial and holdup play like Aduriz. At least it adds a different dimension from the bench. Or even get back Tello and make use of his ridiculous pace from the bench.

Agree. Like you say, his defensive qualities and workrate when defending a lead is good to have - but making an impact if one of Ney, Messi or Suarez have bad day is impossible unfortunately. I still believe he could shine, but for a different team and not for us. Either we buy another young player to rotate with Ney, Suarez AND Messi (will of course be hard even rest Messi) like Vietto, or buy a seasoned 9 and play with 2 strikers and Messi/Ney behind them if we're chasing a goal.

King5Puyi

I'm sorry, but I don't discredit him as much as the rest here. He is better than most here make it out.

His job is to simply keep the show running. True, He has been gradually decreasing and isn't someone a manager can rely on as a game changer today especially when he has to fight off 3 of the best on the planet. It is also true that we could be having someone else to do a better job at it, but when you consider the fact that he sacrificed his career for doing his bit part role for us for so long, he certainly has a place here for time to come as long as he's happy doing what he does.

Home of Barca Fans