Pedro Rodriguez

Zangash

Banned
Average Barca fan actually still rates Pedro. New fanboys/gloryhunters are another matter.
He's still good enough to have a backup role here.

Debatable. I'd say new fanboys and gloryhunters aren't the only people who don't rate him. His contribution has taken a significant dip and he's at the point where he doesn't provide much more than Munir would if given the same minutes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's a solid contributor for the minutes and role he's playing.
And still more assists than Neymar with fraction of his minutes.

Zangash

Banned
Problem is he doesn't get any meaningful minutes. The role he has is almost nothing, at this point. Sub appearances if he's lucky. Not even being trusted to start against Getafe is a testament to that. His assist stat is deceiving when you take into account that not a single one has actually helped us win a game, due largely to the role Lucho has given to him that's akin to Deulofeu's role at Everton last season, minus the glimpses of brilliance.

Problem is he doesn't get any meaningful minutes. The role he has is almost nothing, at this point. Sub appearances if he's lucky. Not even being trusted to start against Getafe is a testament to that. His assist stat is deceiving when you take into account that not a single one has actually helped us win a game, due largely to the role Lucho has given to him that's akin to Deulofeu's role at Everton last season, minus the glimpses of brilliance.

That goal against Arsenal :worthy:

Honestly I think i would trust Deulofeu over Pedro if one of MSN got injured. Pedro is a great team player but he won't win you a match (Unless he regains his 2010-2012 form). Atleast with Deulofeu you get the chance of him scoring a goal of the month out of nowhere. I won't have a problem if Pedro stays though he's good enough to rotate with the starting 3.

Zangash

Banned
That goal against Arsenal :worthy:

Honestly I think i would trust Deulofeu over Pedro if one of MSN got injured. Pedro is a great team player but he won't win you a match (Unless he regains his 2010-2012 form). Atleast with Deulofeu you get the chance of him scoring a goal of the month out of nowhere. I won't have a problem if Pedro stays though he's good enough to rotate with the starting 3.

That's my biggest fear, actually. The thought of one of of MSN getting injured and us having to rely on a squad player who isn't trusted by the manager even a little bit is quite worrisome. Pedro's charity minutes being given to a young forward who can use them to develop into a better player would be best overall for the club, imo.

BerkeleyBernie

Not even being trusted to *please paying fans and TV audience more than Messi, Neymar, and Suarez* against Getafe is a testament to that.

Fixed. People aren't paying to see Pedro, and none of the three wants to be rested- otherwise, Lucho would have subbed one out, like Busquets at the half, or earlier. As long as Lucho thinks all are at 100%, it's bad business to play the understudy. And with two players working on hat tricks, I'm sure he didn't want to pull anyone off prematurely. He could have rested one at the end, but didn't- because he didn't trust Pedro with a 6-0 scoreline?

Makes much more sense to rest the trio this weekend, with Bayern ahead. Pedro will most likely will start against Cordoba, and wouldn't be surprised to see two of the starting trio on the bench (though possible, with the title this close, he may want to field his best attackers to guarantee a scoreline advantage at all costs before subbing).

Alen

200 Liga games! Probably the Barça player with the smallest ego i ever saw, always left it all on the pitch. One of my favorite Barça players ever. Respect!

Zangash

Banned
Fixed. People aren't paying to see Pedro, and none of the three wants to be rested- otherwise, Lucho would have subbed one out, like Busquets at the half, or earlier. As long as Lucho thinks all are at 100%, it's bad business to play the understudy. And with two players working on hat tricks, I'm sure he didn't want to pull anyone off prematurely. He could have rested one at the end, but didn't- because he didn't trust Pedro with a 6-0 scoreline?

Makes much more sense to rest the trio this weekend, with Bayern ahead. Pedro will most likely will start against Cordoba, and wouldn't be surprised to see two of the starting trio on the bench (though possible, with the title this close, he may want to field his best attackers to guarantee a scoreline advantage at all costs before subbing).

:lol: That's a pretty good excuse. Lucho only plays MSN because that's who the fans want to see. And Lucho doesn't sub any of MSN because he cares what they think, because he's never subbed a single one of them off when they were having a good game, ever, because he doesn't like it when they walk off the pitch unhappy.

Even now, you're forming excuses for why he may not start in the scenario that he still isn't trusted. There's a serious, worrying problem with our depth in our front line, and MSN isn't the reason they have to start every game, our lack of options is.

BerkeleyBernie

:lol: That's a pretty good excuse. Lucho only plays MSN because that's who the fans want to see. And Lucho doesn't sub any of MSN because he cares what they think, because he's never subbed a single one of them off when they were having a good game, ever, because he doesn't like it when they walk off the pitch unhappy.

Even now, you're forming excuses for why he may not start in the scenario that he still isn't trusted. There's a serious, worrying problem with our depth in our front line, and MSN isn't the reason they have to start every game, our lack of options is.

Not starting. This could have been a prime opportunity to rest one of our death trident but I guess Lucho rates Pedro about as highly as the average Barca fan does nowadays.

Your point was that the game was so important that he didn't dare rotate any of his front three out for a rest. So, with the game out of sight in the first half, why didn't he rest a single one of them?

Zangash

Banned
Why he didn't rest any of them is up in the air considering Pedro was actually brought on as a sub, but for midfielder. Lucho's sub choices often make little sense.

Ekul

Pedro is a great player, he's just low on confidence and doesn't have the rythym that comes from starting consecutive games. If he went to someone like Arsenal in the summer he would take the PL by storm.

mark1nhu

Giuly: "Ronaldinho was like Messi now, and Eto'o was a true centre forward like Suarez. But I wasn't like Neymar, more like Pedro." [md]

Home of Barca Fans