Pedro Rodriguez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Our current season is lasting full 2 weeks longer than all other clubs bar Juve. A week after it's finished there's Copa America. Then, our new season will start earlier as we have SuperCopa.
Lucho will have to rotate a lot and I'm sure Pedro will have pleny of chances.

I'm glad and surprised we renewed him this early. Seems like Pedro understood it this way too :lol:. We'dbe lucky not to have to use him as a starter at some point, with injuries & all.

Ekul

I'm confused with this deal. I love Pedro and I'm glad he's staying, but I thought he'd have wanted to go somewhere where he would be the star and play 90 mins every game, like Sanchez at Arsenal. He may play more next season than he has this season, but I'm surprised that he's accepting a bit-part role. I guess he just loves Barca! The only positive that could have come out of Pedro leaving was that I was hoping that Sandro and Munir would get more minutes next season, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen now.

LordLichtenstein

Option #1

He continues to be a sub for when Suárez and Neymar needs rest.

Option #2

Luch will sub Iniesta -or Rakitić, and move Messi down into the midfield.

Option #3

Will be our sub for Alves, but only when we are comfortably ahead.

Option #4

Will function as a sub for Alves, when we need to play 3-4-3 (against parked bus)

The why I see it, Pedro should be our 1st sub for attack, midfield and when required, defense. I am playing around with numbers in my head, but he should be able to get at least 2800-3000 minutes next season, instead of the silly 2066 he has gotten this season -so far.

I find the formation to the left more appealing. Do you agree?

Unavngivet.png

Ekul

Option #1

He continues to be a sub for when Suárez and Neymar needs rest.

Option #2

Luch will sub Iniesta -or Rakitić, and move Messi down into the midfield.

Option #3

Will be our sub for Alves, but only when we are comfortably ahead.

Option #4

Will function as a sub for Alves, when we need to play 3-4-3 (against parked bus)

The why I see it, Pedro should be our 1st sub for attack, midfield and when required, defense. I am playing around with numbers in my head, but he should be able to get at least 2800-3000 minutes next season, instead of the silly 2066 he has gotten this season -so far.

I find the formation to the left more appealing. Do you agree?

Unavngivet.png

I think, if possible, MSN shouldn't be touched/altered. I wouldn't drop Messi back into midfield.

LordLichtenstein

I think, if possible, MSN shouldn't be touched/altered. I wouldn't drop Messi back into midfield.
Neither would I, but if we are leading 2/3-0 by the 60th minute, I wouldn't mind dropping Iniesta or Rakitic and play Messi in the midfield.

I encourage Lucho to at least try this formation against the bottom teams. Sub Pedro at 60th minute and place Messi at his regular position. After all, Messi does score most of his goals between 60-90.

Last edited:

Mexcelona

there is more of a chance on putting pedro as the right back position rather than moving messi further back (For pedro)

LordLichtenstein

there is more of a chance on putting pedro as the right back position rather than moving messi further back (For pedro)
And what is the logic in that? Dani Alves is the worlds best right back, at least for Barcelona he is. Pedro isn't -nor will ever be at his level, playing out of position as a right back.

This is some Guardiola complex.

Mexcelona

well considering dani alves hasn't accepted our contract he wont be here long.
and you also probably didn't read the part "more of a chance"

mark1nhu

Move Messi to create space for Pedro?

No way. I rather him, unfortunately, rotting on the bench.

Pedro is Neymar and Suarez replacement, when they need rest (and only that).

Home of Barca Fans