Pedro Rodriguez

Icarium

Lifestealer
Most of the matches he will be backup, but i think he will start more than last season. Either resting ney or suarez or starting alongside those 3. Pedro as RB is also a possibility. RWB is also an option, ney and surez strikers. Alba and pedro wing backs. 3 man defense. Busi masch messi midfield with messi at AM.

Anyway i expect us to have to lot of tactical variations next season, our system is working because of the form of our 3 strikers. Somebody people might counter that too, need to find plan B. Lucho is very pragmatic and he will definitely try out 3 man defense and add it as plan B. When the opposition is attacking through middle we can shift to that formation.

Kohe321

Pedro is our new RB :pep:

That's getting more and more likely.

Also, it sort of confirms that Lucho plans to stay for next season as well, as Pedro renewing undoubtedly stems from talks with Lucho and how he plans to use him, where I'm sure he has promised him more gametime. I wouldn't at all be surprised if this involves moving him to a position where he can play together with MSN, and RWB would be a very natural move for him. Messi, Rakitic and Pedro on the same side would be a great combination.

Jombi

Great news. With pedro staying we no longer desperately need a forward. Just la masia grads or some young attacker will do.

We still need another forward IMO. Imagine MSN being injured/suspended for an important match, let's say a CL quarterfinal. What's our attacking lineup? Pedro-Sandro-Rafinha?

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Very good! I think we will need him especially in the first part of next season when Messi and Neymar will need some rest because of Copa America.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We still need another forward IMO. Imagine MSN being injured/suspended for an important match, let's say a CL quarterfinal. What's our attacking lineup? Pedro-Sandro-Rafinha?

All 3 of them getting out? Now that is a scary thought. We can't get good forwards imo, nobody would accept a sub role. Plus pedro will act as replacement if any one of them goes out. We should keep one of munir/sandro/deulofeu/adama and there is also rafinha who can act as a replacement. Except pedro everyone might seem pretty average but we just have to adjust. Having injuries to all three of them is pretty rare. One of the MSN is sufficient to compete against small teams and against big teams we will just play for a draw (sitting back :yuck: but have to do it no other choice).

Signing cuadrado or vidal could help imo, they will add depth to the squad. I would like cuadrado more because of his amazing versatility but his decision making troubles me.

Stric

MSN can't start and finish all games. We were very lucky that all three of them were able to play as much as they did this season. Maybe they even played a bit too much, but luckily no harm was done. Pedro is crucial to us, we simply can't only have the likes of Munir and Sandro as our fourth guy in the forward line.

Kuchi

Even with the MSN on full throttle, he still had his moments this season (bicycle kick vs Sociedad, or the set up for Messi's goal vs. Atletico), proving his dedication to the team.

His effort capacity and dedication make him an ideal sub, so great news indeed

Alarcón

My opinion is: we need players on the bench who are either good enough to play most matches without us losing a lot of quality, or content with playing only a handful of matches every year (young players especially).

Unfortunately, Pedro doesn't seem to fit into either category, so the renewal doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Yes, he is a great player and world class when on form, but he has only shown glimpses of it in the past few years. Messi, Neymar and Suárez are all much better than him. So either he steps up next season, or he is happy with as little game time as he got this season.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy we have him on the bench, but I just thought under the current circumstances he would want to play more.

Stric

My opinion is: we need players on the bench who are either good enough to play most matches without us losing a lot of quality, or content with playing only a handful of matches every year (young players especially).

Unfortunately, Pedro doesn't seem to fit into either category, so the renewal doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Yes, he is a great player and world class when on form, but he has only shown glimpses of it in the past few years. Messi, Neymar and Suárez are all much better than him. So either he steps up next season, or he is happy with as little game time as he got this season.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy we have him on the bench, but I just thought under the current circumstances he would want to play more.

You have a point, but it's not as if we can buy a forward better than Pedro who will know that he'll mostly sit on the bench.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I can't make much sense of this from either side, the club or Pedro himself.

Since we're not pursuing either dybala or vietto, I'm happy we have a sub with the quality of Pedro, but he didn't seem happy about his minutes this season, I can't see how that can change drastically next season.

Or may be was it just to up the buyout clause and have more leverage for negociations ?

Home of Barca Fans