Pedro Rodriguez

Stric

If it's based on games played last season, then it's not variable at this moment, it's 30. It might become 150 again next summer or whenever.

So much contradicting info. :(

Zangash

Banned
He has he experience of the highest order and he still has a lot fuel left in him.He had his share of bad matches but he is still good enough to rely on in a lengthy absence of one of our forwards.He is any day a better starter for me ahead of munir or sandro.

It's interesting, whenever someone tries to come to his defense this is the usual stuff they say. For some reason nobody even considers mentioning what he actually brings to the team. Every player we have on the bench can bring something different to the team that can help, and those that don't are often ridiculed for not being good enough. Just think of any non-Pedro bench player and think of what said player brings to the team. If you can't think of anything, chances are they aren't playing all too much (Adriano, Montoya, Douglas, Roberto, etc). Why is experience the only thing you have chosen to say here when trying to argue a point for Pedro? Is it because, beyond his intangible experience (Which he usually uses to either vanish completely or miss sitters) he doesn't really have much to offer? Why doesn't anyone say Messi or Busquets deserve to play because they, too, are experienced?

It truly does not matter who is better between him and Munir/Sandro. I could argue with you over the fact that Sandro is much more of a goal threat than Pedro but that's besides the point. Pedro is so incredibly ineffective that playing a young forward would not hurt us any more than having him start would. An injury to one of our front trio would spell disaster and having Pedro there instead of Munir or Sandro won't make things even a small bit better for the team. The difference is, Pedro is 28, while our two newly promoted forwards are 20. Pedro will not improve; in fact, if you look at a chart of his year to year performances he'll actually get worse. Munir and Sandro, on the other hand, have a ton of learning and growing to do. Those 15 minute cameos Lucho often gives Pedro that clearly don't satisfy his desire to play would mean the world to the development of a young player trying to integrate into the first team.

JamDav1982

It's interesting, whenever someone tries to come to his defense this is the usual stuff they say. For some reason nobody even considers mentioning what he actually brings to the team. Every player we have on the bench can bring something different to the team that can help, and those that don't are often ridiculed for not being good enough. Just think of any non-Pedro bench player and think of what said player brings to the team. If you can't think of anything, chances are they aren't playing all too much (Adriano, Montoya, Douglas, Roberto, etc). Why is experience the only thing you have chosen to say here when trying to argue a point for Pedro? Is it because, beyond his intangible experience (Which he usually uses to either vanish completely or miss sitters) he doesn't really have much to offer? Why doesn't anyone say Messi or Busquets deserve to play because they, too, are experienced?

It truly does not matter who is better between him and Munir/Sandro. I could argue with you over the fact that Sandro is much more of a goal threat than Pedro but that's besides the point. Pedro is so incredibly ineffective that playing a young forward would not hurt us any more than having him start would. An injury to one of our front trio would spell disaster and having Pedro there instead of Munir or Sandro won't make things even a small bit better for the team. The difference is, Pedro is 28, while our two newly promoted forwards are 20. Pedro will not improve; in fact, if you look at a chart of his year to year performances he'll actually get worse. Munir and Sandro, on the other hand, have a ton of learning and growing to do. Those 15 minute cameos Lucho often gives Pedro that clearly don't satisfy his desire to play would mean the world to the development of a young player trying to integrate into the first team.

You spout this rubbish about Pedro all the time and numerous Barca players that have proven you wrong in the past.

Pedro has a lot to offer and is so far ahead of Munir/Sandro it is barely worth discussing.

If Pedro leaves it is nothing to do with a declining ability it is the choice of the player and the club to allow his career to move on.

Zangash

Banned
You spout this rubbish about Pedro all the time and numerous Barca players that have proven you wrong in the past.

I feel like I see you make this comment or comments similar to it to nearly everybody on this forum.

I never even said he'd leave due to his declining ability, either. I also never said he's not better than Munir and Sandro.

Once again, someone has failed to mention what Pedro has to offer outside of it being "a lot".

Edit: Lol, I'm done. Any and all arguments in this thread go in circles until one or both parties start to get dizzy.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If Gerson arrives we can play and develop him on the wing :). Also Arda is an actual wide midfielder, who might have been bought in advance as Pedro's replacement.

Everyone just automatically assumes Arda will be in central midfield, but he played his whole career on the flanks.

EdmondDantes

I'll probably shed a tear if this lad goes. It's a huge dilemma for both parties; a phenomenal player who would walk into every team in the world who desperately needs consistent game time but with our treble winning three-headed-monster up front, it's hard for him to break into our 11. I would personally give him a go behind them, as a 10, like Lucho did once or twice last season late in the game. I think he has the tools to play there, but then there's Iniesta who is another living legend.

xXKonan

Barcelona sources say they don't have received any offer for winger Pedro (27) and that the player's agent didn't talk to them. [rac1]

Neymessi

We need him now more than ever.It is a really tough first half and vidal or turan can't cover for him.Award enrique as much credit you want for no injuries last season but we were extremely lucky too.We won't be again this time.Just don't let him go:cry:

F

Flavia

LE on Pedro, from today's press conference:

"I don't want any player to go, but there is a clause he could take advantage of to leave. He's a player that has given everything to the club and I hope that relationship is not broken. I would prefer him to stay, but he has to decide." Luis Enrique extended those wishes to Adriano, remarking that he doesn't want "anybody with a contract to leave." In any case, he added: "I never cheat my players, I won't guarantee minutes and I will not tell them lies."

He pretty much confirmed the buyout drop.

Zangash

Banned
LE on Pedro, from today's press conference:

"I don't want any player to go, but there is a clause he could take advantage of to leave. He's a player that has given everything to the club and I hope that relationship is not broken. I would prefer him to stay, but he has to decide." Luis Enrique extended those wishes to Adriano, remarking that he doesn't want "anybody with a contract to leave." In any case, he added: "I never cheat my players, I won't guarantee minutes and I will not tell them lies."

He pretty much confirmed the buyout drop.

"I won't guarantee minutes and I will not tell them lies."

Permabench role confirmed for next season if he stays, then. Might even be a bit worse than last season with both Munir and Sandro being promoted.

Jombi

Pedro is ahead of Munir and Sandro 10 out of 10 times.

And the nightmare of all of MSN getting injured in the first half of next season is real if Pedro leaves.

Munir-Sandro-Rafinha up front against Real Madrid? Every top team has proper backups for their starters. Why do people think it is acceptable that we shouldnt?

Catta

And the nightmare of all of MSN getting injured in the first half of next season is real if Pedro leaves.

Munir-Sandro-Rafinha up front against Real Madrid? Every top team has proper backups for their starters. Why do people think it is acceptable that we shouldnt?

you are right, if all of MSN get injured that would be a nightmare
we would not stand a chance against madrid, but if we keep pedro then there is no problem, a front three of Munir-Sandro-Pedro is a million times better than a front three of Munir-Sandor-Rafinha
with or without pedro it would be the same, he does not bring anything anymore to the team, if MSN get injured then a 100 pedros would not help

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

If MSN all get injured, we are screwed even if we keep Pedro.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans