Pedro Rodriguez

Co0ter

Pedro a traitor? Some logic just scares me...where do people come up with this stuff.

I'd rather have Pedro over Munir or Sandro any day of the week. Adama has yet to prove anything.

People are saying Barca needs only world class forwards..I mean we have there already. You think we are going to buy a 4th big name or new young promising forward and they are going to want to sit the bench like Pedro?!

Or do you want to rotate when clearly there is no reason why we should disrupt MSN unless there is an injury?

BBZ8800

You think we are going to buy a 4th big name or new young promising forward and they are going to want to sit the bench like Pedro?!

Those people don't understand that it doesn't make sense to spend 500 or 700 Millions on transfers+wages yearly, if we can earn only 300 or 400 Millions per Season even we win a CL and if we sell a billion of shirts.

We can't have 11 or 15 Neymars and Pogbas in the team.
Winning teams need Neymars, but also guys like Pedro.

Stric

Can someone explain why he signed a contract extension then? Was it with the exact purpose of lowering his buyout fee? Why would the club agree to this?

Co0ter

To set a buyout fee that if he were to leave, the club would get decent money but he'd also be available at a reasonable fee so multiple clubs could be interested.

Stric

To set a buyout fee that if he were to leave, the club would get decent money but he'd also be available at a reasonable fee so multiple clubs could be interested.

Well if the current buyout is 30M, what's the difference between that and simply negotiating a 30M price regardless of the previous buyout? It is the same to a buyer whether they pay a 30M buyout or negotiate a 30M fee that's less than the buyout. And if the buyer is not willing to pay a 30M price, he's not going to pay it whether it's the buyout price or a negotiated price.

Co0ter

The initial reports were false but my response would be the same- his contract was running out and they'd lowball us. 30mil would of been a fair price. And now with the new contract, they can't use it against us either while negotiating a price.

barca1899

That article is from before the new contract was signed. Pedro confirmed to the press today that his buyout is 30m now

I know what Pedro said. I'm more interested in what Barto has to say about the buyout, because it's another half-truth from the Bartosell era.

After Pedro and Jordi signed their contracts:
Both contracts include buyout clauses worth 150 million euros.

xXKonan

The buyout fee of Barcelona winger Pedro (27) is still 150M, but could become 30M depending on the games he plays this season. [rac1]

F

Flavia

The buyout fee of Barcelona winger Pedro (27) is still 150M, but could become 30M depending on the games he plays this season. [rac1]

Roger Saperas is the one from rac1 who tweeted about that:

[tw]620646376267976704[/tw]
"Now the clause is 150 million but the club could apply this calculation to the games he played last season."

Pedro has a variable clause, based on games played last season, like Thiago had one. So it is 30m, as he said so himself.

Home of Barca Fans