Penal Madrid

George_Costanza

2 club icons as both player and manager. Yes, they are incomparable :lol:

Zidane never been Real's icon as a player, maybe you were too young when he played in Madrid to know this! His 3 UCL wins mostly due to incredible luck and Barca choke. So no, you can't compare them as Pep is considered one of the best and most influential managers in the football world. Can you even explain to me what's Zidane coaching philosophy or style? Zidane is good mostly due to his leadership and man-management skills.

George_Costanza

You're right , Zidane came back as soon as RM is in a shit hole while Pep enjoyed his milions elsewhere.

No, Zidane had some legitimate demands last summer and Perez didn't agree with those demands like changing the team core players who lost passion/hunger and the sale of Ronaldo. Now Perez agreed with his demands and you will see it in the summer. Simple really and this is what all Real supporters are talking about now. Pep had similar demands which were denied by Sandro, plus he and the management have ideology conflict. I respect him for that.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR

Because his goal right now will be to build another squad that is capable to win titles and nobody knows if he has the ability to do that. The current team is totally different from his CL winning side/sides. He had Cristiano, Marcelo and Modric in beast mode. Not comparable to the current team that is struggling in almost every game week in week out.
Probably no big titles for RM in the next couple of years, surely not next season.

George_Costanza

Because his goal right now will be to build another squad that is capable to win titles and nobody knows if he has the ability to do that. The current team is totally different from his CL winning side/sides. He had Cristiano, Marcelo and Modric in beast mode. Not comparable to the current team that is struggling in almost every game week in week out.
Probably no big titles for RM in the next couple of years, surely not next season.

Agreed, that team was built by Mourinho and Ancelotti. Zidane inherited it. Now he needs to build a new team.

raskolnikov

Never thought he would do it. His legacy was perfect when he left.
I was convinced he would join Juve next year.
It will take a lot of work to rebuild the squad and his luck cabt keep continuing forever. What had Zidane ever done thats on a Pep level tactically? Just the Ancelotti big bro style of coach and commanding respect. That will fade eventually.

wisconsincule

No chance he replicates his success this second time around? What are people afraid of? It’s not like he had them playing inspiring football. Get it to the wings and cross it into the box?? With VAR and no Ronaldo it’s going to be the same shit.

Havesaks

Zidane never been Real's icon as a player, maybe you were too young when he played in Madrid to know this! His 3 UCL wins mostly due to incredible luck and Barca choke. So no, you can't compare them as Pep is considered one of the best and most influential managers in the football world. Can you even explain to me what's Zidane coaching philosophy or style? Zidane is good mostly due to his leadership and man-management skills.

Its true Zidane was before my time, but I always thought Zidane was considered an icon for the club even tho he only played 5 years for them. Ronaldinho.case, its not tottaly the same, but ronaldinho is an icon even tho he just played here few years. I dont think its wrong calling Zidane a real madrid icon. And them winning wasnt down to luck, it was because zidane is respected by the players that he could create the results they did. He is a great personality and a great leader, you dont necessarily be a great tactian to be a great coach. Specially not for giga clubs like barca and madrid.

BarçaBarça

Wow, I truly didn't think he would do it. He can only damage his legacy, and will struggle to win titles for sure.
But he will have millions on his hands and many players to choose from. I'm excited to see how he and the team reacts to the eventual failures which were largely missing in his first period of time at Real.

First task must be to stay in top-4 to secure CL-matches next season. Imagine if they fail to do that! :lol: :lol:

George_Costanza

Its true Zidane was before my time, but I always thought Zidane was considered an icon for the club even tho he only played 5 years for them. Ronaldinho.case, its not tottaly the same, but ronaldinho is an icon even tho he just played here few years. I dont think its wrong calling Zidane a real madrid icon. And them winning wasnt down to luck, it was because zidane is respected by the players that he could create the results they did. He is a great personality and a great leader, you dont necessarily be a great tactian to be a great coach. Specially not for giga clubs like barca and madrid.

He is Real's legend but I don't consider him as Real's icon (both terms can also be used interchangeably for some but has different meanings). When I think of Zidane as a player, I associate him with Juve and his international career. Can someone think of Ronaldinho and associate him with PSG or even Milan? No, so it's different as Ronaldinho will always be associated during his peak with Barcelona. Maradona played for Barca but his best footballing career when he was in Napoli, not Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans