Penal Madrid

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
what are chances of ronaldo leaving madrid this year considering he is making lengthy discussion over contract.
I mean if RM sign bale and united lost rooney then MU are in desperate need of star so they might try to lure ronaldo.
plus perez already got bale so he can let ronaldo leave...
what you guys think?

That would be the stupidest thing Perez has ever done, and he's done some very stupid things. In fact I don't even think HE is that brainless, to sell off the 2nd best player in the world off the basis that he will have an overpriced Bale as a replacement. Not only is that an unbelievably massive step down, it's a surefire guarantee that Real would not have a competitive edge in any competition for the coming season(s).

Meitux

That would be the stupidest thing Perez has ever done, and he's done some very stupid things. In fact I don't even think HE is that brainless, to sell off the 2nd best player in the world off the basis that he will have an overpriced Bale as a replacement. Not only is that an unbelievably massive step down, it's a surefire guarantee that Real would not have a competitive edge in any competition for the coming season(s).
It is stupid to think about,this huge price for Bale is based on that he had one great season and mostly the excuse of carrying Tottenham the whole season and the fact that because he is similar to Ronaldo they probably think that he can perform in the same level or even better which isn't easy to do.Anyway, as i said many times if a 100 mil or more transfer happens i don't think most people will be satisfied,a so huge price demands big expectations.If he doesn't bring world class performances so often people would start bitching about it cause of the price.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Surely RM would prefer to keep Ronaldo over Bale. He still has several good years ahead of him, and when his pace declines he can play as a number 9.

lovebarca

i was just saying because of lengthy talk of ronaldo's contract renewal and united's persistent interest.because if perez is sure about ronaldo to stay then he can easily give fat salary to ronaldo and finish this matter.
one more thing is perez's reputation of selling stars when he can instead of allow them to go free at end of contract.
ronaldo is already 29 so there is chance his performance may be decreased in next years and they are getting younger version of bale so he can afford to lose ronaldo.

coco1247

Banned
Replacing Ronaldo with Bale is stupid. Perez has done many stupid things in his career, but I don't think he's that big of an idiot. We have enough money to offer him whatever he wants. That's not really the issue though. The main problem is the relationship between Flo and Ronaldo. I think it's gotten better, what with Flo claiming he wants to make him the highest paid player in the world and all the support he's getting. So I think it should be resolved by the end of this summer.
If not...well then we're screwed.

oz187

what are chances of ronaldo leaving madrid this year considering he is making lengthy discussion over contract.

I can see it happening actually. If Man U sell Rooney for £40M to Chelsea and get him off the wage bill, that could make Cristiano affordable for them.

Real Madrid could then use the money to get Bale and Suarez too(since they are currently net spending near zero). They could then fit Isco into the first eleven on the left wing.
------Suarez------
Isco---Ozil----Bale

Benzema, Modric and Di Maria as back ups. Isco would help the midfield keep possession, Marcelo would overlap. Bale can dominate the other wing. That's an attack that would be solid for a few years. Yes they lose Cristiano, but overall that might be a better front three considering Higuain was a bottler and Di Maria a lightweight.

PaCmAn

ESPN says some Real Madrid players are bothered that Pérez is paying 100m for a "unnecessary player".

Apparently there's a Real Madrid player leaking info to the press?

coco1247

Banned
Iker would never betray Madrid. If you ever get some proof, be sure to post it here. I'll be the first to eat a humble pie.

Home of Barca Fans