Penal Madrid

veryfatchocobo

I'm basing these off of a couple preseason games since US TV had these games..... Honestly, I thought you guys have been playing great in the preseason and already looking better than Mourinho's Real Madrid. During the Calderon era and even up to the Mourinho days, you guys looked so hurried on the ball, as if you guys had to move the ball as fast as possible with no time on the ball. Now, you look much better I think..... Actually making good passes, and your midfield seems to have time on the ball now, etc. Then again, you're not playing La Liga sides, where they don't give teams time on the ball except Barcelona (hhehhehe). Ronaldo has definitely found his confidence again. Last year, he was just a great player, but in the friendlies, he was almost unplayable I thought in contrast to Messi's preseason.... Also, Sergio Ramos seems like he can lone the whole backline at times. It'll be interesting to see if Ancelotti will play Casillas again, but I think Diego Lopez seems to be more convincing than Casillas right now.

I think the new players that will stand out are Casemiro, Isco, and to an extent, Morata. Casemiro seems to make the correct decisions every time on and off the ball, and he doesn't lose the ball. Casemiro really has everything I think, and you'll definitely see him starting games under Ancelotti. Morata's missing some obvious scoring chances, but he's fast on his feet, has a great first touch, and runs to good spaces, something which I feel Benzema lacks (hence I think he's overrated). Isco's going to be your version of Kagawa this season. Both are super silky on the ball... he's obviously obviously smart too, but he won't impose his game as much as his skills allows him to, just like Kagawa. Though I think Isco will do better than Kagawa regardless for some odd reason.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
So what do you guys expect the starting XI to look like?

I think it'll be something like this:

----------------------Casillas---------------------
--Carvajal---Ramos---Varane/Pepe----Marcelo-----
--------------Alonso/Modric----Khedira------------
----Di Maria/Isco-------Ozil--------Ronaldo--------
---------------------Benzema--------------------

For the slashed ones, I'm not sure who is the favorite to start in the position. Diego Lopez, Illaramendi, and Morata will all feature pretty heavily.

A

Athletic

Think it's a wrong choise going into the season with only Benzema as your senior striker

coco1247

Banned
It's a risk, true. But Zidane seems to trust Benz completely. Dunno how that will work out for us, but then again, if we do get another top striker, it'll be Benguain all over again. We should have bought an older one who's willing to sit on the bench.
As for the lineup, something similar to that I guess. Don't think Modrić will rotate will Alonso, Carlo likes him too much. Isco is obviously first choice, Di Maria is a sub for him.
We can form 2 teams with 22 different players tbh.
Casillas
Carvajal-Ramos-Varane-Marcelo
Modrić-Alonso-Isco
Ozil-Benz-Ronaldo

Lopez
Arbeloa (lol)-Nacho-Pepe-Coentrao (for now - perhaps Siqueira)
Illarra-Khedira-Di Maria
Kaka-Morata-Jese
Not really sth that would work altogether, but you get the point. There's competition for every spot.
Also formations change with Carlo. You could argue we play the Christmas tree formation, perhaps even a 4222, depends how you look at it.

Beast

The Observer
Apart from CR the rest will be played according to their form ...
@Coco... Xabi will be slowly fading out of the game time to allow his replacement Illarra to play ..also in the second formation it will be Casemiro not Di Maria in the midfield.. as i suspect one more player will go and Di Maria will replace Ozil , Kaka will be there is if he plays well

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Isco brings so much creativity to their game, and Benzema's performances in pre-season look great.
I don't see why Real should buy another striker, they have back up kid Morata.

Anyways, Real Madrid looks great.. but they couldn't stop Messi from scoring even when the team played like shit. Let alone MesMar!

Looks like the Clasico's will be even more fun this year! :dance:

Turson

Looks like the Clasico's will be even more fun this year! :dance:

Personally, as a RM fan, Im so excited about the next classico that its not even funny. New coach at the both sides, one crack more for Barca, a couple of very solid transfers for Real. Yeah, I can hardly wait.

Irish_Cules

themichaelowen michael owen 14h
Got this at the El Classico in Kuwait last week. I'll get it framed and then give it away on Twitter next week:

BRYJ_stCYAAKnEA.jpg:large

coco1247

Banned
Apart from CR the rest will be played according to their form ...
@Coco... Xabi will be slowly fading out of the game time to allow his replacement Illarra to play ..also in the second formation it will be Casemiro not Di Maria in the midfield.. as i suspect one more player will go and Di Maria will replace Ozil , Kaka will be there is if he plays well
Agree on Alonso, he will mostly be rotated not just because we already have Illarra, but because he really needs rest. The guy is getting old.
We'll see what Carlo has in mind. I agree, perhaps Di Maria in that position isn't the best idea. I know we played a similar thing with him in MF and it did not look good.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Their formation is identical like us! :VdB:

-------- Lopez --------

Carvajal ------- Pepe ---- Ramos [C] ------ Marcelo

------------- Khedira --------
--- Modric ----- ------- Isco ---

Ozil ------ Benzema ------ Ronaldo

Home of Barca Fans