Penal Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
This is nowhere near tiki taka guys.

Unless for you tiki taka is a more frequent one time passing and on-ball speed.

Gaudi

Oh, stop being so god damn pessimistic. They have a better defense, that's obvious, and better goalies too, but no way they have a better midfield and attack than us.

Sometimes better doesn't mean technically more gifted, nobody has more gifted 11 than Barca, nobody, but our 3 mids are like clones: great on the ball, passing to the feet, phisically not strong and not fast

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Oh, stop being so god damn pessimistic. They have a better defense, that's obvious, and better goalies too, but no way they have a better midfield and attack than us.

Comparitively, our attack and midfield are very close in ability to theirs and the constant mild flux in form means that they are just as likely to overpower us in those categories as we are in any given game. Defense, however, is an area where they have a clear and distinct advantage and it would take amazing improvement in our defense form-wise to match theirs. Plus, all of this is based off of preseason, we don't know which players will fall as the year goes on (Alexis, Cesc, Di Maria, Benzema, etc.)

Their squad is better, but under Tata I think we'll have better tactics (Even then Ancelotti's tactics are looking very admirable so far). Neither team is looking to have a huge advantage over the other this season so the title race is closer than ever.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

We will see. I have been very impressed by Oezil, Isco and Modric so far. And you know CR7 will always be lurking there and scoring.

Trickykid

...but our 3 mids are like clones: great on the ball, passing to the feet, phisically not strong and not fast

...the midfield that has dominated each and every team worth a damn over the last half decade. I honestly can't see why you would mention this as a downside?

Trickykid

We will see. I have been very impressed by Oezil, Isco and Modric so far. And you know CR7 will always be lurking there and scoring.

Hey, you and me both. However people in here have this amazing ability to forget - or at the very least; downplay - the ridiculous class that our own team possesses when they consider the strenghts of rivals.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
...the midfield that has dominated each and every team worth a damn over the last half decade. I honestly can't see why you would mention this as a downside?
that 'not fast' bit is from the last season if I'm not mistaken... That sure does a lot of difference

Trickykid

that 'not fast' bit is from the last season if I'm not mistaken... That sure does a lot of difference

Who has lost pace, besides Xavi, who hasn't ever really relied much on pace in the first place? Our problems last season, as I see it, was mostly down to faulty tactics and players not giving a damn. Whether Tata can rectify these problems remains to be seen, of course.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Who has lost pace, besides Xavi, who hasn't ever really relied much on pace in the first place? Our problems last season, as I see it, was mostly down to faulty tactics and players not giving a damn. Whether Tata can rectify these problems remains to be seen, of course.
'not fast' was the result of not giving a damn :shrug:

Gaudi

Great, but we are talking about next season not 4 seasons ago...last year that midfield didn't dominant some important games

Trickykid

Great, but we are talking about next season not 4 seasons ago...last year that midfield didn't dominant some important games

Why do you want to go back 4 seasons? We won the ChL with the most dominant midfield in the history of football just 3 seasons ago, unless I'm mistaken.
About last season, read through my prior posts, if you bother.

Gaudi

Why do you want to go back 4 seasons? We won the ChL with the most dominant midfield in the history of football just 3 seasons ago, unless I'm mistaken.
About last season, read through my prior posts, if you bother.

4 years was figure of speech, like you said half a decade...and for the rest: by ignoring the problem it usually won't get away.
We shall se what will Tata do.

Home of Barca Fans