Penal Madrid

Gaudi

Ignoring what problem?

Problems from last year with saying how great we were years ago. We were, we weren't last year...what will happen this, will Tata return us to the greatness remains to be seen...we even won't be waiting long, league starts in a week

Trickykid

Problems from last year with saying how great we were years ago. We were, we weren't last year...what will happen this, will Tata return us to the greatness remains to be seen...we even won't be waiting long, league starts in a week

You're claiming we're ignoring our problems, which all statements from Tata and friendly games so far have shown that we're clearly not, quite the opposite, I'd dare say.

coco1247

Banned
Inter is so bad, hardly recognizable.
I know, so bad :VdB: Hilarious. Second half was so shit, I can't even begin to describe it. That was practically Castilla out there. Blah gives me the shudders how we played.
First half was good though, even though that was also a second string team.

El Gato

Villarato!
Second half they did much better, because of Castilla. Should have made it 3:2. It's the first half where the difference was so visible.

Birdy

Its really intriguing to see how Madrid will look under Ancelotti.
I haven't seen the friendlies, but from the highlights, and what cules post here, there are signs he is going to implement all the things he likes. Attacking football, too many 10's and creators, both registas and trequartistas, no wingers, or at least not attacking players holding the touchline, packed midfield..
With both Bale and CR in the same XI, isco behind, ozil (and maybe a rejuvenated Kaka ?), he has all the tools to play what he always wanted..

I have always liked Ancelloti, i think he is not a man that can build from scratch like Guardiola, or Ferguson, or Mourinho, but he is a great caretaker of star playres, a psychological maestro, and a decent tactician..
He is in fact what a Madrid manager should be, or have been at its best (see Del Bosque), as we know that MAdrid's DNA is great star players and someone to take care of them, not someone to 'educate' or teach.. At least he will transform the character of the team, that Mourinho has ashamed and bring back values he abandoned(only fanatics failed to see that about Mou's era)

In the spanish League, it all depends on Barcelona and how Martino will (or not) succeed in bringing back Pep's efficiency. If yes, Carlo will snatch not much, maybe 1, maximum 2 leagues in 3-5 seasons. If no, i think he will succeed straight away from this season on..
But the big question is the CL, and there i think that the chances of him winning another one after 2007 are not that high, despite being his preferred competition. Reason is that football has changed and since Barca's revolution 4 years ago, its very difficult for a team that plays so freely upfront, and is not pressing 100 % to ever manage that..
In his glory years 2003-2007, anceloti had admitedly the best team in Europe over the overall course of 5 seasons. He won 2, could have easily won 4 (one with liverpool, and another one the season that Milan commited suicide in Galicia, when they had the potential to beat both Mou's Porto and Arsenal). Only 2006 you can say with certainty that Barcelona was better. 2007 UTD and chelsea seemed better, but the performance vs UTD from the already ageing team of Ancelotti was very convincing.. 03-04 and 04-05 this team was amazing, managing to have both Kaka, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Shechenko all fluid with Pirlo organizing from the back..
But these days are gone now, if he had come as Real coach to replace Del Bosque in 06 we would have much more chances to lift the CL. It seems very hard to do so now with the same football..

Beast

The Observer
1999 to 2013
3 league titles not worried about him.

Not saying he guarantee a league but you have to consider the rivals in Serie A during the time in Milan were very strong .. there was couple of very good teams over there so it wasn't that easy.. i'm sure you remember the Juve of Nedved , Trezuget , Del Piero , Ibra , Cannavaro , Buffon etc
however a double with Chelsea in first season and not a bad job with PSG

coco1247

Banned
Carlo is a manager who needs time to instill what he wants. I trust him, he's done nothing but ask for attacking and spectacular football and so far, so good. We're playing well and I'm glad even Barca fans see it.
We may not win La Liga or CL this year, but once this machine gets going, once he instills what he wants, it'll be hard to stop us with the crop of players we currently have.
Same could be said about Barca. Good players, if the tactics Tata brings are good - why not? Anything is possible in a year or two.

jamrock

what i am looking forward to is both teams not getting to 100 points this season, as i don't think both managers will be able to get that out of their respective teams in the first year, 90-93 points will win it.

coco1247

Banned
True. We can't expect a perfect season. Still, I hope we won't repeat last year's debacle of a league performance. Losing that many points was inexcusable.

Home of Barca Fans