Penal Madrid

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
iW3vDzzL0fQ5g.gif

mad skillz

coco1247

Banned
Yeah i mean, It's so goofy to compare a team that it's pre-season consisted of Inter-milan, Chelsea, PSG And lyon with malaysia and thailand ALL SUPER STARS, And who's to forget the all mighty 'Lechia Gdańsk' and 'Vålerenga', Trust me you don't want to get these guys mad.
We played good teams in preseason and we played well. But you can't compare that idiotic American competition to La Liga. That's stupid. Thank god we played them than some Asian bs team because THEN we'd be in real trouble.
I don't know how to put it so you could understand. We are in a transitional phase. More so than Barca. It will take time and from time to time we'll play like crap. We're not gonna score 7-0 nor are we going to be extremely convincing. This is a work in progress and peeps need to understand that.
You have a good team that stuck to the same philosophy even under a new coach and you have 1 new player to integrate. It's a completely different story compared to RM.

mixer

Florentino Perez: "The difference between Real Madrid & AS Monaco? My club does not spend more than it earns."

Is this true? I doubt, especially if they buy bale

Irish_Cules

Ken Early had an interesting article on the transfer market this summer a few weeks ago. Here's an extract in relation to Madrid......

Maybe Levy thinks he can squeeze an extra few million out of Madrid. He may be right. If they’re prepared to pay €100 million, then why not €110 million or more? The deal would be a world record in absolute terms, but when you consider how rich Real Madrid have become in recent years they could probably afford to pay more.
A transfer fee of €100 million is less than 20 per cent of Madrid’s annual turnover. In 1996, Newcastle United bought Alan Shearer for £15 million, which was 37.5 per cent of their turnover of £40 million.

Here's the full article for anyone who is interested...

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/massive-marquee-signings-an-echo-of-profligate-times-past-1.1477745?page=1

Galning

Florentino Perez: "The difference between Real Madrid & AS Monaco? My club does not spend more than it earns."

Of course it's true. That's one of the reasons why I hate it when people say "PSG is rich" or something similar. They aren't. Their president is rich.
All money Madrid spend is what they've earned through sponsors and whatnot, not because a rich Arab or Russian guy decided to play FM irl.

oz187

Yeah it is true. Even Bale, the 100M would cost them 20M per season over 5 seasons. And then another 20-30M in wages. They can't afford 100M every year, but once every few years in manageable for them.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Still nothing official, but it's around 90-100 million plus Coentrao right? Due to his contract he is valued at 16M, but I think that is an understatement. I don't like him that much, but in the current marketplace he could go for at least 1.5 times as much. Makes the deal of Bale be valued around 110-125 million. Insanity...

coco1247

Banned
We paid for Coentrao 27 million pounds. We're selling him for a mere 15-20 (maybe 20 if Flo works his magic). Horrible investment. Thanks a lot Mou.
As for Bale, it's a stupid signing, no real need for him but he'll be given his chance to prove himself and I pray to god he is able to adapt...More than 70 is too much for him. I'm not even gonna go into the the whole 100 mil...

Home of Barca Fans