Penal Madrid

Beast

The Observer
We paid for Coentrao 27 million pounds. We're selling him for a mere 15-20 (maybe 20 if Flo works his magic). Horrible investment. Thanks a lot Mou.
As for Bale, it's a stupid signing, no real need for him but he'll be given his chance to prove himself and I pray to god he is able to adapt...More than 70 is too much for him. I'm not even gonna go into the the whole 100 mil...

All big clubs can shoot blanks.... it's normal and part of the game .. We pay more and in most cases sell cheaper
Horrible investment would be selling Kaka for the 15 Mil while buying him for 65... that's awful investment
Coentrao we got more games from him and covered us when Marcelo was injured but while Marcelo improved and worth a lot more than those 6 Mil we bought him for Coentrao went the other direction
It happen , we know it , cule's know it... we all had it before whether they in Ibra , the Ukraine turtle CB , Villa etc or we in Sneijder , Robben etc
eventually we make money in some other transfers like Higuain which we made more than double what we paid or Callejon etc

Anyhow nothing is official yet of course but if anyone thought Daniel Levy was spending money for him own pocket this past month he knows nothing about Levy or Spurs... he was spending Bale money wisely .. until he finish shopping the signed deal will not be announced to avoid inflating the the price for his targets

However with Arsenal reported bid for Benzema , Falcao reported possible move to the Bernabeu due to the Monaco tax issues , Di Maria announcing that CR intervened for the club to keep him behind his back I anticipate Ozil could very well to be the departing player at least it makes more sense to me than Modric despite Ozil popularity with the fans so we might see couple of moves too ... however this is all speculation at this stage apart from Bale

coco1247

Banned
I guess you're right. It's just that I really hate signing overpriced players. There's no guarantee they're gonna succeed (the same with any player I guess, but at least you're not paying a small fortune) and you might end up selling them for far less than what you initially paid for. But I guess that's the way it is, as you said...
Horrible investment would be selling Kaka for the 15 Mil while buying him for 65...
Honestly, can't wait to see the back of him. Completely unnecessary player, he's just sitting around waiting for his paycheck. Good thing he's so marketable...

I think the Falcao rumors are bs. With Bale coming, there's no room for him. Benz is rumored to renew so that's off the table too. At least for now.
I'm not so sure about Ozil. He's got a hell of a competition and he'll need to work harder. I don't think he'll leave though...

JackaL

All big clubs can shoot blanks.... it's normal and part of the game .. We pay more and in most cases sell cheaper
Horrible investment would be selling Kaka for the 15 Mil while buying him for 65... that's awful investment
Coentrao we got more games from him and covered us when Marcelo was injured but while Marcelo improved and worth a lot more than those 6 Mil we bought him for Coentrao went the other direction
It happen , we know it , cule's know it... we all had it before whether they in Ibra , the Ukraine turtle CB , Villa etc or we in Sneijder , Robben etc
eventually we make money in some other transfers like Higuain which we made more than double what we paid or Callejon etc

Anyhow nothing is official yet of course but if anyone thought Daniel Levy was spending money for him own pocket this past month he knows nothing about Levy or Spurs... he was spending Bale money wisely .. until he finish shopping the signed deal will not be announced to avoid inflating the the price for his targets

However with Arsenal reported bid for Benzema , Falcao reported possible move to the Bernabeu due to the Monaco tax issues , Di Maria announcing that CR intervened for the club to keep him behind his back I anticipate Ozil could very well to be the departing player at least it makes more sense to me than Modric despite Ozil popularity with the fans so we might see couple of moves too ... however this is all speculation at this stage apart from Bale

Nah Beast, I don't fully agree. Yap, big clubs mostly buy expensive, sell cheap, because of some reason they have a different lifecycle of buying/using players.

However, even Kaka is not a bad investment if you look at it theoretically. Kaka was bought quite a few years ago for 65 million, right? On the balance sheet, his transfer fee and so to say "worth" is depreciated year by year. So if you sold him for 15, it wouldn't be super bad, as you had the chance to use his skills in the meantime. Of course the better way of doing it would be to really exploit his abilities, which didn't happen in the past years.

I agree with the transfers of Ibra, he was bought for too much and sold cheaply.

Bale is 99% done, they won't publish it since Raul has ihs important day, after that when everything is caln, they release the stuff.

Beast

The Observer
Nah Beast, I don't fully agree. Yap, big clubs mostly buy expensive, sell cheap, because of some reason they have a different lifecycle of buying/using players.

However, even Kaka is not a bad investment if you look at it theoretically. Kaka was bought quite a few years ago for 65 million, right? On the balance sheet, his transfer fee and so to say "worth" is depreciated year by year. So if you sold him for 15, it wouldn't be super bad, as you had the chance to use his skills in the meantime. Of course the better way of doing it would be to really exploit his abilities, which didn't happen in the past years.

I agree with the transfers of Ibra, he was bought for too much and sold cheaply.

Bale is 99% done, they won't publish it since Raul has ihs important day, after that when everything is caln, they release the stuff.

I'm talking from a purely technical point of view , I know we already made money out of his image and publicity but eventually we did pay a lot and even when he is fit he is not starting games
even those 15 Mil are theoretical, i think we did receive that amount for him but was turned down by Perez for a reason most probably financially

Beast

The Observer
Yes they will not announce anything except after Raul farewell game.. to allow Raul to take the appreciation he deserve

JackaL

Yes they will not announce anything except after Raul farewell game.. to allow Raul to take the appreciation he deserve

Yap that is the plan! I guess the 99 M € are more ridiculous than our Ibra vs Eto'o swap! Incredible amount, I mean after all, Ronaldo got about the same transfer fee, didn't he?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yap that is the plan! I guess the 99 M € are more ridiculous than our Ibra vs Eto'o swap! Incredible amount, I mean after all, Ronaldo got about the same transfer fee, didn't he?
And they are buying the CR7-wannabe for a higher price :p

coco1247

Banned
It's a farewell game because he didn't get a proper chance to say goodbye the way he wanted to when he left RM. So this will be his goodbye to RM fans.
We paid 93 mil euro for Ronaldo. Bale is 99. Put it in perspective. Ridiculous, isn't it? But that's the current market. Oh and Levy. God knows he's gonna make the most out of it...

Kerrybai

Some Spurs fans reckon that Joe Lewis has given them an interest free loan... Although that is surely not in the region of what they have spent. In any case could Madrid now turn around and low ball Spurs believing that they 'need' the money to fund their spending spree?

Beast

The Observer
Some Spurs fans reckon that Joe Lewis has given them an interest free loan... Although that is surely not in the region of what they have spent. In any case could Madrid now turn around and low ball Spurs believing that they 'need' the money to fund their spending spree?

I don't think so , I think it's probably done and dusted sometime ago.. like CR case when it was Calderon who signed the deal before Perez came in a year in advance when SAF was insulting Real Madrid in the public yet he was the one signing CR move to RM that same summer .. Floro had no say but to either buy CR or pay 45 Million penalty
Levy is much more smarter and no one will give a club 90 Million pound loan , Spurs spending spree gave them away as the only clubs who can reach that amount of money are known (Barca , Real , City , Chelsea , PSG, BM ) .. they are spending Bale money..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Tottenham have good finances but it is possible they are spending the Bale money yes. I think he will join Madrid now it's most likely scenario.

Fun fact... It was Mou who was the first to ask for him.

Home of Barca Fans