Penal Madrid

Irish_Cules

Ken Early ‏@kenearlys 2h
watching bale presentation you can't help but be impressed at how, in the absence of real achievement, real madrid can survive on hype alone

Ken Early ‏@kenearlys 2h
in a couple more years, young players won't be able to remember madrid's last CL win. so the unveilings are a way to keep up their profile

------------------------------------

It's a bit of a sensationalist point but it is true in a way. It's impressive how Madrid have remained arguably the biggest club in the world given their failure in the Champions League over the last decade.

Tomchin

Ken Early ‏@kenearlys 2h
watching bale presentation you can't help but be impressed at how, in the absence of real achievement, real madrid can survive on hype alone

Ken Early ‏@kenearlys 2h
in a couple more years, young players won't be able to remember madrid's last CL win. so the unveilings are a way to keep up their profile

------------------------------------

It's a bit of a sensationalist point but it is true in a way. It's impressive how Madrid have remained arguably the biggest club in the world given their failure in the Champions League over the last decade.
Don't know, it kinda suprises me that there're always so "few" people turning up at the Bernabeu when Madrid are presenting their new superstars to the public. For Bale for example there were only 25.000-30.000 people I read, while for Isco there were merely 8.000 or so? Compare that to Barca where Neymar and Ibra managed to get 60.000 spectators in the Camp Nou. Seems like Barca is better at presenting its stars than RM, not sure why tbh.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't know, it kinda suprises me that there're always so "few" people turning up at the Bernabeu when Madrid are presenting their new superstars to the public. For Bale for example there were only 25.000-30.000 people I read, while for Isco there were merely 8.000 or so? Compare that to Barca where Neymar and Ibra managed to get 60.000 spectators in the Camp Nou. Seems like Barca is better at presenting its stars than RM, not sure why tbh.

Ronaldo, Kaka and Bale got over 50k. Benzema got 30k. Isco got 10k. Illarra and Carvajal a little less.

There was enough people, espesh given it's a siesta time and international breaks for the clubs.

Tomchin

Ronaldo, Kaka and Bale got over 50k. Benzema got 30k. Isco got 10k. Illarra and Carvajal a little less.
No idea tbh, I didn't watch the presentation. Roncero tweeted that there were more than 20.000 fans, so I supposed there were about 20.000 fans ("Más de 20.000 fans para recibir al gran Gareth Bale."). But maybe Roncero can't count well and doesn't know the difference between 20.000 and 50.000 :)

Beast

The Observer
Does it matter how many people went to see a player presentation ? i wouldn't to be honest...

Anyhow.. Nacho is called up to the Spanish national team for the first time... great to see a Castilla player making his way to the first team up to the national team , it's been a long long time

Beast

The Observer
Not really
Khedira -Modric- Casemiro-Illarramendi take two position with Xabi out for 3 month

Ozil has Jese , Bale , Di Maria even Isco who can replace him ..i can even throw in Morata here...

It's one position with two many players.. the best stays

Home of Barca Fans