Penal Madrid

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There is no proof that Zubi and Rosell are any better than Woordward.

United prioritized better than Barca for who they wanted, but were too stupid to pull off any of the transfers, whereas the Barca board were just inattentive in trying to get a CB when they easily could have. Overall Barca>United this transfer window with ease just because we ended up at least getting Neymar while United just made fools of themselves.

Beast

The Observer
Well at least they get one target , although they screwed Thiago and wasted the summer...

They did the same but the last day topped everything
but what United did today is a farce beyond imagination

You send people with no experience at all to sign a player and pay his release clause on the last day without knowing there is taxes to pay on top... (Herrera stay in Bilbao will be as good as done now.. same treatment like Llorente ) ..than you try to keep a brave face because the fans were angry for this fuckup so you say 3 impostors pretended to be Man U reps and tried to pay the release clause (as if you will pay 36 Million Euro on the last day without sending reps , lawyers , medic to make the medical for the player .. right )

3 hours before the deadline you make a 40 Million Euro bid for Khedira ..when it fails again you go & sign Fellaini who you could have bought without any hassle with 4 million Pound less due to his release clause before the 31st of July
than minutes before the deadline you ask RM for Coentrao on loan despite the fact that you have Evra and you get the fax 2 minutes after deadline

Hell you should make a statue for Zubi in comparison

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Eddy Woodwood is the worst negotiator is history. United fans are calling for his head now. :lol:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
So how are you guys going to be lining up this season? Something like this?

-----------------------------Diego/Iker-----------------------------
---Arbeloa/Carajal----Pepe/Varane---Ramos---Marcelo/Coentrao------
-----------------Modric/Alonso-----Khedira/Illaramendi---------------
-------------------------------Isco---------------------------------
--------------Di Maria---------------------------Bale----------------
-------------------------------Ronaldo------------------------------

Meitux

I don't think Ronaldo will play as a center forward. Judging by both Benzema's and Di Maria's inconsistency nobody should have a clear quaranteed position. But Cristiano won't be used there, so it's Benzema who will be a starter Bale on the right and Di Maria on the bench.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Yes ^^^ Di Maria is utility player , will fill in for Isco , Bale or CR if needed... front line is Benz- CR- Bale

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes ^^^ Di Maria is utility player , will fill in for Isco , Bale or CR if needed... front line is Benz- CR- Bale
Ozil is a great winger and an extraordinary attacking mid fielder, so would be a great sub for all three positions. Di Maria? Not so much!! He can only cover wings, he's no option to rotate with Isco.

I am not sure about the other reasons... I am not judging the move to get rid of Ozil instead of Di Maria either. But the reason is definitely not be the one you gave

Meitux

Ozil is a great winger and an extraordinary attacking mid fielder... So would be a great sub for all three positions. Di Maria? Not so much!! He can only cover wings, he's no option to rotate with Isco
That's the point, Ozil is not a player who would be benched. He obviously wants to be a starter, there wouldn't be anything good with him staying on the bench.. and you have clearly see he is much more effective in his usual attacking midfielder role rather than winger. He hasn't got the best of stamina to make many runs and don't get tired early.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
That's the point, Ozil is not a player who would be benched. He obviously wants to be a starter, there wouldn't be anything good with him staying on the bench.. and you have clearly see him is much more effective in his usual attacking midfielder role rather than winger. He hasn't got the best of stamina to make many runs and don't get tired early.
I guess that including the fact that Di Maria is a freakish player when pressing, far more so than Ozil, made their decision easier

El Gato

Villarato!
So how are you guys going to be lining up this season? Something like this?

-----------------------------Diego/Iker-----------------------------
---Arbeloa/Carvajal----Pepe/Varane---Ramos---Marcelo/Coentrao------
-----------------Modric/Alonso/Illarra-----Khedira/Casemiro---------------
-------------------------------Isco/Modrić---------------------------------
--------------Bale/Di Maria---------------------------Ronaldo/Jese----------------
-------------------------------Benzema/Morata/Jese------------------------------

You got the formation right, but I'd line the guys up like this.

Beast

The Observer
Ozil is a great winger and an extraordinary attacking mid fielder, so would be a great sub for all three positions. Di Maria? Not so much!! He can only cover wings, he's no option to rotate with Isco.

I am not sure about the other reasons... I am not judging the move to get rid of Ozil instead of Di Maria either. But the reason is definitely not be the one you gave

The Ozil reasons are all clear.. we said it so many times , most pundits did ,even goal shit come came to the same conclusion ... how many times do we have to repeat it ? I know discussion RM is easier than looking at your club transfer affairs :p but seriously this is too much

- Ozil is a crap winger , he is great in the center ( the feck you were watching the last 3 years !! ... play the wings Estel ) he is a great AM BUT BUT BUT
)
1- He lacks stamina which makes him disappear in so many games
2-doesn't go back to help the defense except rarely (Di Maria do all the time ) Mou used him as a transition to CR when we are lunching a counter attack
3-don't want to sit on the bench especially this year is :
4- A world cup year
5-According to Jose sporting report leaked last month on the Madrid and Spanish press he & Benzema has big issue from competing for a place with other playerand it affect their performance greatly (look at Benzema form when Higuain was injured and after he came back or Ozil early last season when Modric arrived until he saw Mou not using Modric often and when he did he used him in the deeper midfield role ) ..
6- sitting on the bench as a sub when his country had Goetze , Kroos , Draxler etc means losing his national team spot
7- Contract renewal , Ozil requested extra 2 million , club refused (Now we pay 52 % tax so 2 million = 4 Million extra ) and the renewal stalled
8 - Di Maria is mush faster , much more versatile and doesn't have issues sitting on the bench...
9- When Carlo asked the midfield to come back and help the defense after Betis game.. Di Maria & Isco did just that.. Ozil didn't bother in the Granada game and Carlo pulled him out after 60 minutes he didn't even act professionally and went straight to the shower not to his team mates .. (I think we all saw the video /game )
10 - You will never get 50 Million Euro for a bench player , we all know that .. it was a great deal for Ozil , the club , our finance .. all in all great decision tactically , personally , financially for all involved
(FYI Di Maria can play better all 3 position AM-LM-RM and CM - Of course Ozil is a superior AM no doubt but that's Isco's now )

Beast

The Observer
That's the point, Ozil is not a player who would be benched. He obviously wants to be a starter, there wouldn't be anything good with him staying on the bench.. and you have clearly see he is much more effective in his usual attacking midfielder role rather than winger. He hasn't got the best of stamina to make many runs and don't get tired early.
Absolutely + 1

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@ beast

agreed man... It was best for Madrid to sell Ozil. Only, I kinda wished for you guys to get rid of Di Maria :sad:

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
You got the formation right, but I'd line the guys up like this.

You guys don't seem to have enough depth in Isco's position, with both Ozil and Kaka leaving. If everyone stays fit, you should be fine, but one or two injuries and you could be looking at a problem. Also, is Jese good enough to be used in such a big role? I know he's been good for Spain, but how about Madrid?

Home of Barca Fans