Penal Madrid

BerkeleyBernie

Right tool for the right job. In that position, a backheel shot was a brilliant choice, and perfectly executed with tremendous speed (not to mention Ronaldo's excellent timing of his run to get in position). He had the keeper and defender on his back expecting him to smack it to the near post; he went immediately to the back post.

Maria

Oh come on... if this was Messi you would drooling about it... it's not lucky you can easily see he meant it

you may believe it or not, but some people are actually capable of apreciatting or not a piece of skill irespective of who did it or where that person plays.

Isco is......wow. I find it surprising that he isn't already Spain's false 9, it's a role literally built for a player like him.

Since he came at RM, his chances are a lot higher to be a starter for the spanish NT. Anyway, I can't help but feel sad because right now Modric+Isco>Xavi+Iniesta..and if Illaramendi starts to play like he did at Real Sociedad, then RM will have a better midfield than us.

poor thiago lol

I would say more like poor Barca, because we're the ones who will suffer the consequences of Isco's brilliant performances every week for years to come..but I guess for some is more important to hate someone who has nothing to do with FC Barcelona at the moment.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

not at all. i've never been a fan of backheels. messi has attempted several and ive never been impressed by them- they seem very arrogant.

alexis for example could score a thousand backheels and i would still not rate him a good finisher.

theyre fortunate pieces of skill, visually appealing, but substantively dull.

lolz

forum gets worse by the day.

Maria

What did Perez meant with this:
Cada año hago lo imposible por ganar, pero siempre nos lo quitan por dos puntos, no se por qué.
Every year I make the impossible(to win the league), but they always take it from us at 2 points distance, I don't know why.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So blatantly steal our league title away from us, lose heavily the following year and then start conspiracy theories to divert the attention away from their failure to have the transfers speak through siverware! Bravo Perez, bravo!!

footyfan

Calma, calma
I'm waiting for the Clasico with bated breath. With Madrid's midfield getting more technical and less defensive, I hope to see them take the game to us.

Isco is an outstanding talent but I don't think he'll cut it against Busquets unless he starts playing a bit like Ozil and moves out to advanced wing positions to pull Busquets out of the centre. Ozil gave me the exact same feelings when he joined too, and he had as much of an influence in the early Madrid wins in 10/11 as Isco does now.

For what it's worth, Isco has never played very well vs Barca. Neymar is going to outshine him at the game if both play. Di Maria and Ronaldo will again be the players to watch out for.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It isn't about the back heel only, I mean the skill alone is very subjective if you want, but the natural goal scoring instinct? That is pure cold blood, and that is a skill in itself. It isn't the first time he's done it either, he scored a very important goal against Villareal last year, just sledge hammered a back heal into the goal. He knows what he is doing, he knows where the goal is and he knows how to put the ball in the net.

He lacks a lot in his game but his natural goal scoring instinct is second to none. I mean none. Everything on the pitch is a reference point to him, and his ability to stake out the pitch to find the goal is phenomenal. There in lies the skill, or the unappreciated element of surprise.

But sure, they are arrogant, not skillful, arrogant, but again, how? I fail to understand people who do not respect that this is a very competitive game, if it were any less it'd be dead by now. Seriously, those who ask for a friendlier game should watch badminton or something.

impeh

Hi, its me..
perez confirmed it was united that made the other offer for bale, before madrid had bid.

.. and that hes fit to play atleti at the weekend.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

It isn't about the back heel only, I mean the skill alone is very subjective if you want, but the natural goal scoring instinct? That is pure cold blood, and that is a skill in itself. It isn't the first time he's done it either, he scored a very important goal against Villareal last year, just sledge hammered a back heal into the goal. He knows what he is doing, he knows where the goal is and he knows how to put the ball in the net.

He lacks a lot in his game but his natural goal scoring instinct is second to none. I mean none. Everything on the pitch is a reference point to him, and his ability to stake out the pitch to find the goal is phenomenal. There in lies the skill, or the unappreciated element of surprise.

But sure, they are arrogant, not skillful, arrogant, but again, how? I fail to understand people who do not respect that this is a very competitive game, if it were any less it'd be dead by now. Seriously, those who ask for a friendlier game should watch badminton or something.

It's extactly how I felt when people lost their minds over the incident where Messi got frustrated with Villa. Ballet is much more suited to these Individuals.

Home of Barca Fans