Penal Madrid

Beast

The Observer
Yeah, but that's what I mean. Pep was reported to be unhappy with how the board/Rosell were not defending him and leaving him to do the dirty work which he didn't want to do. The players also would tow the diplomatic line and say the refs have a difficult job or similar. This made it safe for the refereeing to continue since the 'conspiracy of silence' allowed the opportunity for it to continue unchecked. This season it seems it's different with Pique tweeting about it and Rosell speaking out. If Barca aren't joining in in sweeping it under the carpet and speaking out about it, then there may be a spotlight thrown on it. Oxygen of publicity is cancerous to corruption.

:lol: :lol:

Barcelona players talk about the ref ALL THE TIME... that's when they finish courting & putting him under siege during the match... just ask Xavi ;)

oz187

Barcelona players talk about the ref ALL THE TIME... that's when they finish courting & putting him under siege during the match... just ask Xavi ;)

I'm referring to when they talk about refereeing of Madrid games.
As for on pitch talking to refs, every single team does that.

Maria

Yeah, but that's what I mean. Pep was reported to be unhappy with how the board/Rosell were not defending him and leaving him to do the dirty work which he didn't want to do. The players also would tow the diplomatic line and say the refs have a difficult job or similar. This made it safe for the refereeing to continue since the 'conspiracy of silence' allowed the opportunity for it to continue unchecked. This season it seems it's different with Pique tweeting about it and Rosell speaking out. If Barca aren't joining in in sweeping it under the carpet and speaking out about it, then there may be a spotlight thrown on it. Oxygen of publicity is cancerous to corruption.

I wish I could see this as you do, but if they didn't have any shame in saying this:

"El Comité hubiera actuado contra Pepe si "a Messi le hubieran amputado los dedos"
En declaraciones al programa 'La Graderia' de Ona FM, el presidente del Comité de Competición, Alfredo Flórez, dejó claro que solo hubiera entrado de oficio contra Pepe si hubiera hecho daño a Messi"

Alfredo Florez said he had not determined to punish because the stomp Pepe had not caused physical injured to Barça. “If Messi had amputee fingers of the hand, the Committee does that have mediated,” he told reporters.

after Pepe stepped on Messi(which had more publicity than Pique's tweet), I don't see why would they care about what Pique says now.

I don't remember Xavi saying something about the ref even after our last game at Bernabeu, but if you have his statements please show them.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Xavi is a loudmouth, sure, but when the hell did he criticize a referee!?

A

Athletic

Xavi is always talking to ref Aryagorn. Can't be sure what he says ofc, but putting pressure on him he does very often.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Stupid but funny joke in Sport:

1380225020599.jpg

Barça style: Always have the ball posession.
Madrid style: Always wave the referee possession. [Be careful with hairstyle]

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Xavi is always talking to ref Aryagorn. Can't be sure what he says ofc, but putting pressure on him he does very often.
Captains talk to ref all the time and they are entitled to pressurise the ref on field... Xavi is our second captain and, being the professional loudmouth that he is, he talks to one more often but he never talks about one in the media!!

A

Athletic

If you'd just do "Xavi referee" in Google you'd realize that that's wrong.

Capitan Puyol

772073.jpg

Angel Maria Villar - President of the Spanish football federation (far right) with Ramon Calderon (ex-president of Real Madrid).

Villarato ? Wow...:party1:

Beast

The Observer
I don't remember Xavi saying something about the ref even after our last game at Bernabeu, but if you have his statements please show them.

As Athletic said below... Xavi refs besiege /comments so is other members of the Barca clan is not new and not a secret
You will find gazillion words form Xavi and other Barca players about refs...here is a sample

If you'd just do "Xavi referee" in Google you'd realize that that's wrong.

Exactly

Beast

The Observer
Captains talk to ref all the time and they are entitled to pressurise the ref on field... Xavi is our second captain and, being the professional loudmouth that he is, he talks to one more often but he never talks about one in the media!!

Xavi is a loudmouth, sure, but when the hell did he criticize a referee!?

Like All the time !! duh
he even comments about our refs (like last year Nani red card )
where have you been living in the last 10 years ! ?

F

Flavia

At least Xavi talks. More players should do it, so maybe the level of la Liga refereeing improves.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Would be interesting to see what will happen if Elche is relegated for only one point. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans