Penal Madrid

F

Flavia

Keep calm. Last year Atletico was dominating the game and several free kicks for CR7 appeared to help. Fear not :)

200 people called to the spanish police to announce they had witness a robbery in Elche stadium and that they would be willing to testify in court.
Serious. Not joking.
Really? Hope this really happened. Where did you see it?

big_man

I'm not really bothered about the hysteria. Simply because despite all the help they get from the refs(and have been getting since galactico 2), I don't think they're good enough, despite everyone forcing it down our throats that they're this amazing team with the best squad in the world. Though it has to be said, games like yesterday reinforces why I hate them so much and why I don't understand the respect they get on here.

I've never seen a team live off their names like they do. Benzema was supposed to be the next Brazillian Ronaldo, Khedira was a kneejerk signing that turned out to be average, Di maria who has real quality is inconsistent as hell. They lost their only world class creative spark in Ozil, their most reliable midfielder is Xavi's age and is declining just as fast if not more than Xavi, except they don't have midfielders anywhere near the quality of Iniesta and Busquets to pick up the slack. And the funniest bit......

....is their defence, :lol: all over the bloody place. People swear up and down that they have this amazing defence and its actually worse than Barca's. At least teams like PSG or Juve and Bayern can claim to have a better defensive unit than Barca and can back it up, Madrid though, give me a fucking break, nothing to back it up, visually or statistically.

How I wish Pique fucking gets his shit together because if he does this team is comfortably better than theirs. I honestly think there's only like two or three players of theirs that will get into the first 11 of this team. And the ones that will, save for Ronaldo, aren't because they are world beaters, more so because we are just very weak in that area.

To top it all off, despite their 300 million spending they play turgid football that'll have this website crash for weeks if this team ever played like that. Good grief and long may it continue!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm not really bothered about the hysteria. Simply because despite all the help they get from the refs(and have been getting since galactico 2), I don't think they're good enough, despite everyone forcing it down our throats that they're this amazing team with the best squad in the world. Though it has to be said, games like yesterday reinforces why I hate them so much and why I don't understand the respect they get on here.

I've never seen a team live off their names like they do. Benzema was supposed to be the next Brazillian Ronaldo, Khedira was a kneejerk signing that turned out to be average, Di maria who has real quality is inconsistent as hell. They lost their only world class creative spark in Ozil, their most reliable midfielder is Xavi's age and is declining just as fast if not more than Xavi, except they don't have midfielders anywhere near the quality of Iniesta and Busquets to pick up the slack. And the funniest bit......

....is their defence, :lol: all over the bloody place. People swear up and down that they have this amazing defence and its actually worse than Barca's. At least teams like PSG or Juve and Bayern can claim to have a better defensive unit than Barca and can back it up, Madrid though, give me a fucking break, nothing to back it up, visually or statistically.

How I wish Pique fucking gets his shit together because if he does this team is comfortably better than theirs. I honestly think there's only like two or three players of theirs that will get into the first 11 of this team. And the ones that will, save for Ronaldo, aren't because they are world beaters, more so because we are just very weak in that area.

To top it all off, despite their 300 million spending they play turgid football that'll have this website crash for weeks if this team ever played like that. Good grief and long may it continue!

You are right, they don't seem good enough to challenge for Liga - but if they are supposed to lose the ref should not give them gifts, it only puts pressure on us because we will lose a couple of points (?) this season.
Anyway, loosing Özil is maybe not that big deal since Isco is really impressing so far (don't know yet if he can deliver the whole season or if he can cut it against stronger teams) - but I have a feeling Bale is going to be a big flop.

big_man

You are right, they don't seem good enough to challenge for Liga - but if they are supposed to lose the ref should not give them gifts, it only puts pressure on us because we will lose a couple of points (?) this season.
Anyway, loosing Özil is maybe not that big deal since Isco is really impressing so far (don't know yet if he can deliver the whole season or if he can cut it against stronger teams) - but I have a feeling Bale is going to be a big flop.

That is true. I think Isco is more of a goal threat than Ozil and is better defensively but i don't think he's as creative, and at the end of the day he's just one player even if he turns out to be as good as Ozil. They will need him to step up in games like yesterday when the ref isn't going to bail them out. It remains to be seen how well he'll do relative to Ozil in those situations.

As for refs, we just need to focus on what we can control,which is our own games and we'll be fine in my opinion. I think that overall, there is still a noticeable difference in quality between the two teams.

Yes, Barca has declined, but there is an important point that people ignore; So has the Madrid side from 2010-2012. Now here is the key bit, Barca's decline is coming from one of the best teams in history. While Madrid's decline is coming from one that you'd find at least 4 better teams (other than Barca) over the past decade.

This gives a false illusion that we're about equal, I digress and as much as people may (rightly) despise Mourinho, he (along with Ozil and Ronaldo) made it closer than it was in the head to head battles, particularly over the past 2 years. They (Mourinho) tailor made their team to get closer on the heads to head battles with Barca but at the cost of getting undone against other teams because of that same system.

We will see how the season turns out, but I'm confident in the league, certainly a lot more than the CL anyway.

Last edited:

Leo10

Official Spanish Police twitter account:

Spanish police receive 120 robbery complaints after Real Madrid's win over Elche :troll::coffee:

BtDeEKk.jpg

Last edited:

dostoevskij

one good thing about this causa is that with all this media hype and attention it will be difficult for the referees in the next week to pull a Muniz in madrid games. i mean he is kind of done, he wont get another madrid game this season i suppose and they even talk about him getting sacked to segunda in summer. So in the end it may be a mastermind plan of rosell to discredit madrid ;)

coura

Banned
one good thing about this causa is that with all this media hype and attention it will be difficult for the referees in the next week to pull a Muniz in madrid games. i mean he is kind of done, he wont get another madrid game this season i suppose and they even talk about him getting sacked to segunda in summer. So in the end it may be a mastermind plan of rosell to discredit madrid ;)

In the 2011-2012 season there were several matches like this and the refs kept smiling

oz187

In the 2011-2012 season there were several matches like this and the refs kept smiling

Yeah, but there wasn't much publicity over it that season. This was so blatantly ridiculous and newsworthy on it's own(last minute to newly promoted Elche) and then we've had Pique tweeting and Rosell also commenting.

coura

Banned
Yeah, but there wasn't much publicity over it that season. This was so blatantly ridiculous and newsworthy on it's own(last minute to newly promoted Elche) and then we've had Pique tweeting and Rosell also commenting.

Mourinho sound bites were gigantic and smothered all that. And Guardiola´s policy of not talking about it helped the myth of "uefalona" , bla,bla,bla.
Mourinho is a very smart fucker.

Richard.H

Flo cash > fair refereeing.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Nice pk stats, since florentino returned to rm:
44 pk in favor for rm, and 10 against.

For Barça, 25 in favor, 15 against.
But still, barcelona is called Uefalona and a team of cheaters. It's so pathetic.

And some articles on the Elche game call Cristiano Ronaldo the man of the evening, carrying Real Madrid to the victory. :lol: What a joke.

Maria

Remember what happend to Getafe, Betis and Rayo 2 seasons ago? Or our games against Granada, Valencia or Espanyol to name just 3 of them(because there were more where we were robbed)? That season all we could read was that Barca should be the last team to talk about refs or that the referees should be left alone until RM won the league. After that they couldn't stop giving us penalties so that it wouldn't look so outrageous what they did(against Malaga and Espanyol for example we had 4 penalties).
I'm very much afraid that this season the history will repeat itself because Florentino can't have another league lost in December.
I'm also expecting a BS decision in our favor in the next games, when we are leading 2-0 or 3-0, and then everyone would say that we're just as helped as them and that Pique shoould shut up next time.

But still, barcelona is called Uefalona and a team of cheaters. It's so pathetic.

Well, in CL RM and Barca have pretty much the same penalties in favor and against in the same period of time(its' possible that we may have even more penalties in favor than RM because I remember posting a statistic a year and a half ago on this forum when I was complaining because of this difference in penalties in CL and La Liga between the big2)..so for all we know, the fans of the other teams see it as us being helped by Uefa.

Last edited:

oz187

Remember what happend to Getafe, Betis and Rayo 2 seasons ago? Or our games against Granada, Valencia or Espanyol to name just 3 of them(because there were more where we were robbed)? That season all we could read was that Barca should be the last team to talk about refs or that the referees should be left alone until RM won the league.

Yeah, but that's what I mean. Pep was reported to be unhappy with how the board/Rosell were not defending him and leaving him to do the dirty work which he didn't want to do. The players also would tow the diplomatic line and say the refs have a difficult job or similar. This made it safe for the refereeing to continue since the 'conspiracy of silence' allowed the opportunity for it to continue unchecked. This season it seems it's different with Pique tweeting about it and Rosell speaking out. If Barca aren't joining in in sweeping it under the carpet and speaking out about it, then there may be a spotlight thrown on it. Oxygen of publicity is cancerous to corruption.

Home of Barca Fans