Penal Madrid

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Harder is a really a matter of opinion , when you consider you had no penalties and no subs i'd say it was more harder.. if you have an injury for any of the players you get screwed... you play a replay for the game if the result is tied after two games...
If it was that easy back than how come you didn't manage this feature not even once until the early 90's ?

as i said a matter of opinion ..

Well the present fact is you are the holder of Copa del rey . FULL STOP... good enough present & fact for for you ?

I don't know which is funnier the fact that there was no champions league from 1950 to 1955 or the below quote agreeing with you

You got to love when two people agree on a wrong post... shows how much you bothered to read before posting " This " :lol:

Just like last year when you were favorites and you went home with the Tro.... oh wait a phone call

Hello ? yes speaking .. ? say what ? ok will tell him

that was Chelsea.. sorry .. can you remind me what was their odds again as favorites ?

oh you're owned... ok ;)

If only supercups mean that much people or UEFA would've agreed with this ^^^ or even if the supercup started with the competition not in the 70's i'm sure you would have automatically added 5 supercups to our tally

Even the cup winners cup was canceled ;) .. at the end you or anyone else in that matter don't even gloat about being the record holder of the cup winners cup .. it means nothing the prestige is all in the CL .. whether you like or not

same for domestic competition... we won 32 leagues and 18 Copa , you won 21 liga and 26 copa... which makes it 50 vs 47 for you .. supercups is just supercups a friendly cup
bloody pwnage :angry:

jamrock

you guys always get caught up in beast trolling when Madrid are doing poorly. what was he saying about the two clubs at the start of the season again?.
as it relates to the cl. one doesnt need to try and discredit madrid's titles these things go in circles the 50'-60's belong to Madrid talks largely to barca's stupidity. the 2000 barca's.

I mean after 66 it wasn't until 1998 that they won it again. and if memory serves me right

oh and yes it was easier to win It back then. their is a reason one team could win 5 in a Rowe back then ad teams struggle to win it back go back now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So what's your point? Noone is saying it wasn't easier. The titles are still legit and anyone who says that those shouldn't count is ignorant in his views.
And in the end it's only titles. We don't follow football because of trophies won (at least I hope we don't).
50 years from now someone will read that Chelsea won it in 2012 but you'll struggle to find 1 man in 100 who now claims they were the best team of the season.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The entire debate is worthless, take those 5 out and we would still have 4, just as much as Barcelona does. So, even without those 5, we are still tied. But it just proves that our team has been relevant in Europe in four different decades, the 50's, 60's, 90's and 2k's. Winning two titles at least in 3 out of the four decades, to opposed to Barca's minimum of two titles in 1 of there 2 decades.

Pepe Silvia

If only supercups mean that much people or UEFA would've agreed with this ^^^ or even if the supercup started with the competition not in the 70's i'm sure you would have automatically added 5 supercups to our tally

Even the cup winners cup was canceled ;) .. at the end you or anyone else in that matter don't even gloat about being the record holder of the cup winners cup .. it means nothing the prestige is all in the CL .. whether you like or not

same for domestic competition... we won 32 leagues and 18 Copa , you won 21 liga and 26 copa... which makes it 50 vs 47 for you .. supercups is just supercups a friendly cup
No arguments about your CL history here. RM are top in CL, and I clearly gave you credit in my last sentence did I not? I also understand why you pointed out your CL dominance as it is yours to do so. Why wouldn't you be proud of the #1 in CL?

Trophies are hard to win, no matter how mickey mouse, and a title won is a title won. Super cups may have been irrelevant in the past as friendly but I don't agree they are still that way (in the same light one could argue that premier competition in world has changed from WC to CL). You may want to downplay them to suit your argument of overall haul, but in today's game all the major leagues take serious value in all trophies. Just see UEFA 2012 Super Cup for proof. Both sides went in swinging as if it were a CL final with full strength lineups. If it were meaningless mickey mouse or friendly cup, both sides would have fielded B teams to avoid risking injury heading into the new season.

This is even becoming true for World Club Cup, everyone wants to win titles and teams with deeper lineups exploit every drop of resource into creating relevancy in every championship. Of course the QPR of this world will not be afforded the luxury of doing so.

Also, take some responsibility for what some people are calling RM out on, which is their current set up. You guys are in a state of dishevelment, and are clearly playing like trash with a constant circus at the capital club. I haven't heard you address that only point out your CL dominance. Perhaps you could take the prudent position of, "yes we are currently trash and need an overhaul" but all I've heard are deflections and "CL, CL, CL" which is to say that you are not being playing fair. To add to my point let me change sports for a moment and state that if I were to ignore the Lakers are currently bogus and probably won't make the playoffs but have 16 chips and shut down everyone with that, it wouldn't be fair or realistic to today. What I mean to say is history really has little bearing on what is happening right now and I'd be nuts to try and ignore or deflect from that.

History has it's benefits and a sense of pride (naturally), but a fan should take ownership of their current status as well.

jamrock

So what's your point? Noone is saying it wasn't easier. The titles are still legit and anyone who says that those shouldn't count is ignorant in his views.
And in the end it's only titles. We don't follow football because of trophies won (at least I hope we don't).
50 years from now someone will read that Chelsea won it in 2012 but you'll struggle to find 1 man in 100 who now claims they were the best team of the season.

The better question would be what is your point, because you basically just repeated mines.

1), a title is a title
2) but the is A difference in the degree of difficulty in winning them

Galning

if valdez bitches too much just sign him or straight swap.

punchw.gif

Galning

I cannot imagine how foolish Mourinho will look if Madrid drop points again. He just wants to proof his point that Madrid can perform without Casillas.
This gon' be good. Although Madrid should really win this at home..

Home of Barca Fans