Penal Madrid

big_man

Ancelotti has always been a so so coach in the league. He's usually a CL man. And I guess that's the main reason Perez went after him.

We heard the same about Mourinho 4 years ago. The fact is, there is a monopoly between Bayern and Barca in terms of the very very best players in the most important parts of the team (midfield particularly). Madrid's only elite player is Ronaldo (and Ozil before he left). The rest are very good but in terms of absolute quality, Bayern and Barca have them beat.

Unless they start buying players directly from those two teams , the results will most likely be the same. Mourinho closed the gap (coupled with Barca's decline) but he's not there anymore. I don't see this team going past Barca, Bayern AND Dortmund to win the CL, unless they avoid all those teams by some miracle.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
We heard the same about Mourinho 4 years ago. The fact is, there is a monopoly between Bayern and Barca in terms of the very very best players in the most important parts of the team. Madrid's only elite player is Ronaldo. The rest are very good but in terms of absolute quality, Bayern and Barca have them beat.

Unless they start buying players directly from those two team (the midfield particularly), the results will most likely be the same. I don't see this team going past Barca, Bayern AND Dortmund to win the CL, unless they avoid all those teams by some miracle.

I think their team is pretty much unbalanced to be scary tbh. Selling their best CF, their best playmaker, buying an overpriced and overrated player for a position they were barely in need of reinforcements. I'm loving what that Clown Perez did to his team. Economics genius right!

Boris

Someone mentioned the question - is Atl. Madrid a genuine league contender ? I'd say no. However good they are now, I don't think they can keep it up through season due to the quality of their bench. Injuries might ocure and accumulated fatigue will be the problem.

Anyway, few people were questioning Diego Costa's ability to be at least as good as Falcao. Well, looks like we very much underrated him (I was one of them).
If he continues like this then I don't see a reason why he wouldn't be Brasil's main CF.

It was a nice game, very exciting!

B

beautifulgame

We heard the same about Mourinho 4 years ago. The fact is, there is a monopoly between Bayern and Barca in terms of the very very best players in the most important parts of the team (midfield particularly). Madrid's only elite player is Ronaldo (and Ozil before he left). The rest are very good but in terms of absolute quality, Bayern and Barca have them beat.

Unless they start buying players directly from those two teams , the results will most likely be the same. Mourinho closed the gap (coupled with Barca's decline) but he's not there anymore. I don't see this team going past Barca, Bayern AND Dortmund to win the CL, unless they avoid all those teams by some miracle.

False. They have two CBs better than any of barca or Bayern when on form. Saying that as not the biggest fan of Ramos.

It's not about the players really, the quality of talent is there to win everything.

big_man

Someone mentioned the question - is Atl. Madrid a genuine league contender ? I'd say no. However good they are now, I don't think they can keep it up through season due to the quality of their bench. Injuries might ocure and accumulated fatigue will be the problem.

Anyway, few people were questioning Diego Costa's ability to be at least as good as Falcao. Well, looks like we very much underrated him (I was one of them).
If he continues like this then I don't see a reason why he wouldn't be Brasil's main CF.

It was a nice game, very exciting!

This season? I'd say they are absolutely. They have been improving season by season since simeone took over. Remember, they were ahead of Madrid until around the last 6 games of last season. This is the team that gave Chelsea one heck of a spanking at the Super copa, destroyed a Bilbao team who were in the form of their lives in 2012 to win the Europa. They've won their last two games at the Bernebau(something we haven't done since God knows) and they have that ruthless efficiency title winning teams possess. I wouldn't write them off at all.

big_man

False. They have two CBs better than any of barca or Bayern when on form. Saying that as not the biggest fan of Ramos.

It's not about the players really, the quality of talent is there to win everything.

Don't worry, I have replied to your post even before you posted, it's right here below :neymar:

Hopefully people can get their tongue out of Madrid's arse, though I wouldn't hold my breath :neymar:
Best defense in the world ™..... (they just need Varane back, honest!)
Carvajal, Alves + lahm all rolled into one ™
Illaramendi, makalele + pirlo + xabi alonso all in one ™
Isco! Better than iniesta, should be displacing Xavi in the Spanish NT, the one that will stop Messi from winning the Ballon D'or ™ :VdB:

Congrats to Atletico for a fantastic win, if they never slowed down last season they should have beaten Madrid to 2nd place. Dirty team but boy oh boy have Simeone built something over there.

;)

Last edited:
Atlético showed (again) who is the boss in Madrid. It's incredible how they don't have any very technical player in its squad, but which iss impressive physically and coletivelly. They're going to be a real contender this year, it will be interesting to have 3 teams effectively fighting for the title this season.

big_man

Atlético showed (again) who is the boss in Madrid. It's incredible how they don't have any very technical player in its squad, but which iss impressive physically and coletivelly. They're going to be a real contender this year, it will be interesting to have 3 teams effectively fighting for the title this season.

I'd say they are about as technical as any team in the PL bar Arsenal and maybe City. They may not be as technical from the eyes of a Barca fan but relative to others they are very very good. I can see how their organisation can give that illusion, but they bring the ball out from back to front very well even under immense pressure and that's the sign of a very technical team, it's why they're so deadly in counter attacks.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Poor Arbeloa.... Maybe he should go on a show at the Theater to forget that horror game.

I heard Les Miserables is on ;)

Home of Barca Fans