Penal Madrid

Meitux

I really can't understand a thing, playing 2 different goalkeepers for leauge and champions leauge, it seems so at the moment. You have Lopez in top form and you bench him in Champions Leauge to make Casillas feel like he's still valued and because of who he is and bla bla. For me that's wrong and could mess up things, Lopez did everything right and he's benched in the most important competition while being exceptional for Real last year in it, i don't know but that could possibly destroy his confidence as not being trusted in a so important competition. Madrid and obviously Ancelotti are so blind to win the champions leauge and he plays Casillas just because he thinks it's more safe playing with him than Lopez for experience reasons and all that, but it's not like Lopez is like tottaly unxperienced is it? And while being in form and very good last year he should be given a chance of playing before just in assuming it's more ''safe'' to play with Casillas..

Last edited:

Theconomist

I really can't understand a thing, playing 2 different goalkeepers for leauge and champions leauge, it seems so at the moment. You have Lopez in top form and you bench him in Champions Leauge to make Casillas feel like he's still valued and because of who he is and bla bla. For me that's wrong and could mess up things, Lopez did everything right and he's benched in the most important competition while being exceptional for Real last year in it, i don't know but that could possibly destroy his confidence as not being trusted in a so important competition. Madrid and obviously Ancelotti are so blind to win the champions leauge and he plays Casillas just because he thinks it's more safe playing with him than Lopez for experience reasons and all that, but it's not like Lopez is like tottaly unxperienced is it? And while being in form and very good last year he should be given a chance of playing before just in assuming it's more ''safe'' to play with Casillas..

I'm pretty sure he's playing Casillas because he knows it's Casillas. Lopes is better than him currently and that's why he is playing much more. It's not a question of trust but image: imagine RM win la decima (lol) without Casillas.

coco1247

Banned
Maybe it is because of our image, but it's worth a shot. If we can retain both of these guys, if this thing actually works, we'll be covered in goal for years to come.
Plus I don't get why you're coming out now and saying it. That decision was made weeks ago.
And as far as I can tell, Iker had a great match. Botched one corner, but redeemed himself with that triple save.
If Lopez loses his confidence because of that...well, then he's not RM worthy, sorry to say it. It's not like he won't get any important matches either. Playing Barca and Atleti is something Iker did for years, and now Lopez gets to do it.

Beast

The Observer
It's not about image , Iker is still one of the best keepers in the world.. just because Diego is also in that category and our boy doesn't take anything from Iker who is our captain and long time serving player... i remember few years ago Inter had Toldo & Cesar , overlapping season for Peruzzi - Van Der Sar - Buffon etc , even we had a young Iker vs the CL winning keeper Cesar & Illgner, We also had the two time CL medal winner with us the great Bodo Illgner vs Canizares & Cesar

it's normal
Iker himself was in Diego shoes so many times when he came out

Antimadridista1

Many of your team is still there... you still have Masip , Planas , Dongou etc
this is practically a new team for Real with the exception of Borja ,
the quality that left is much bigger than yours too

Jese , Morata , Alex (Espanyol ) , Fabianho (Monaco) , Casmeiro , Nacho ,Cheryshev (Seville ) .Mosquera (Getafe), JuanFran (Betis) etc among others ...
You are talking about a different level of players here

Fabinho please ??

he was loaned 6 months by Rio ave to your club.

pEllee

Breathtaking football from Real Madrid right now.

EDIT: Obvious sarcasm is obvious, of course.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Varane+Ramos looks really solid today, but Madrid's midfield looks disconnected with Modric and Isco wandering a bit too much and Khedira just looking lost sitting too deep. Ronaldo has barely touched the ball and Di Maria struggling to make a useful contribution. Benzema useless as always.

Trickykid

They'll win it sooner or later from a couple of moments of individual brilliance, most likely, but good lord Los Merengues are so unbelievably bad!
If Barca played his bad, this forum would go ape shit, and call for the head of just about everyone involved with the club.

Home of Barca Fans