Penal Madrid

raskolnikov

I wish we could put Real at 10 points on 26 october and basically finish them of early.
Its a shame they arent 7 points after these last two games.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
CR7's celebrations last night were not overboard imo... I mean they were losing when the extra time started and it changed to winning within 4 minutes! It sure does warrant celebration!!

Besides, we should be more worried about the confidence boost that goal would have incurred them. We could as well have started to play the youngsters more often if they didn't score that goal... Hope it is not one of those season defining goals for them

footyfan

Calma, calma
Is this thread the meeting point for the moral committee to judge whether a celebration is appropriate or not? Seems like people are just looking for excuses to bash Ronaldo.

I mean really, how is it douchey to take your shirt off when your team basically reversed a deficit in extra time?

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Is this thread the meeting point for the moral committee to judge whether a celebration is appropriate or not? Seems like people are just looking for excuses to bash Ronaldo.

I mean really, how is it douchey to take your shirt off when your team basically reversed a deficit in extra time?

Agreed. This forum makes me scratch my head at times.

coco1247

Banned
For how long are you saying that? lol

For quite a while, I agree :D
But I believe in this team. Maybe we're not playing well, but I think we have the potential and the players to do well. But only IF Carlo addresses these problems.
I would also like to add that these are the kind of matches when I feel proud to be a RM fan. We haven't played well, true, but we don't give up till the end and that's something I really, really appreciate.

Kerrybai

For quite a while, I agree :D
But I believe in this team. Maybe we're not playing well, but I think we have the potential and the players to do well. But only IF Carlo addresses these problems.
I would also like to add that these are the kind of matches when I feel proud to be a RM fan. We haven't played well, true, but we don't give up till the end and that's something I really, really appreciate.

I think you guys have taken a step backwards. It's difficult to measure how much losing Mou will impact ye over the course of the season. You don't look like a team that will get anywhere near your 121 goal records from 2 seasons ago.

coco1247

Banned
No, definitely not. At least not this season.
Look, with Mou all we did was counter. Some peeps liked it, some didn't. I was one of those who didn't mind it too much but I wouldn't have minded a different approach either from time to time.
Now we want to play attractive football and when you have just counters on your repertoire it tends to get boring. We have counter pros on our team in the likes of Ronaldo and Co. But we want a wee bit more possession, control the middle and not just exploit the counter.
So this season could turn out to be a complete bust, that's right. But hopefully it's laying foundations for seasons to come.

raskolnikov

His celebrations in general not this one specifically. I have often watched football with people who are not Barca/real fans and they always go on about how quality he is but then he does one of his retarded celebrations and then the majority has a big turn off on the guy as a player (some think its awesome though so its not all bad).

What I dislike more is how any point of criticism straight away leads to Barca fans defending it and justifying it. Not just on Ronaldo but in general.
Same people who on other fora always start their praise for Real related players/topics like this: " I am a huge Barca fan but ...." [insert compliment/praise]
Even after the Elche game, is kind of strange.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ronaldo hasn't exactly seen what Pepe did, so in his mind he scored a last gasp penalty to win the game. With that in mind, I found his celebrations normal vs Elche. If Inzaghi did it, he would be called legend.

I don't think any point of criticism leads to a defence, I dislike a lot of things about Real Madrid but I find that there are some very over the top reactions in this thread that usually make no sense.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Ronaldo hasn't exactly seen what Pepe did, so in his mind he scored a last gasp penalty to win the game. With that in mind, I found his celebrations normal vs Elche. If Inzaghi did it, he would be called legend.

I don't think any point of criticism leads to a defence, I dislike a lot of things about Real Madrid but I find that there are some very over the top reactions in this thread that usually make no sense.

That's because Inzaghi is cool though.

oz187

I think you guys have taken a step backwards. It's difficult to measure how much losing Mou will impact ye over the course of the season. You don't look like a team that will get anywhere near your 121 goal records from 2 seasons ago.

Not just Mou but Ozil too. The midfield is the core to a team and Madrid sold their one world class midfielder. The rest have a lot to prove. Alonso is getting old and injured at the moment. Modric seems to be a passenger more often than not. I'm also not convinced about Isco who instead of taking responsibility is hiding on the left wing.

coco1247

Banned
Agreed. Losing Ozil and getting Bale - dumbest decision ever :facepalm:
Can't wait till Bale recovers so that we can force a quality player out to accommodate him and then see him fail. Oh the joy...

Home of Barca Fans