Penal Madrid

Sergio

Sergison
By scoring 4 and putting on a good fight as opposed to every other fixture in the last 3 months?
Nobody cares, you aren't playing for anything now and La Liga is essentially a series of friendly matches for Madrid now. You had no titles to lose tonight, you had done that already. But you certainly lost any dignity you still had as a club, the lack of professionalism from anyone at Madrid should be shameful to you. Actually just take a look at what a laughing stock you lot are.

Theconomist

Nobody cares, you aren't playing for anything now and La Liga is essentially a series of friendly matches for Madrid now. You had no titles to lose tonight, you had done that already. But you certainly lost any dignity you still had as a club, the lack of professionalism from anyone at Madrid should be shameful to you. Actually just take a look at what a laughing stock you lot are.

They're getting ready for United.
I will really not be surprised if Madrid win la Decima this season.

I hope Rooney and RvP are both fit and on form.
A full strenght Man Utd line up should be able to stop Madrid.
Especially w/o Pepe.

ricknattery

They're getting ready for United.
I will really not be surprised if Madrid win la Decima this season.

I hope Rooney and RvP are both fit and on form.
A full strenght Man Utd line up should be able to stop Madrid.
Especially w/o Pepe.

getting ready?
only reason they had a "good" game tonight is because Sociedad was outrageously bad, like they didn't care, they gave the ball to Madrid and couldnt even care about setting a good counterattack. A game between 2 boring sides

Beast

The Observer
No arguments about your CL history here. RM are top in CL, and I clearly gave you credit in my last sentence did I not? I also understand why you pointed out your CL dominance as it is yours to do so. Why wouldn't you be proud of the #1 in CL?

Trophies are hard to win, no matter how mickey mouse, and a title won is a title won. Super cups may have been irrelevant in the past as friendly but I don't agree they are still that way (in the same light one could argue that premier competition in world has changed from WC to CL). You may want to downplay them to suit your argument of overall haul, but in today's game all the major leagues take serious value in all trophies. Just see UEFA 2012 Super Cup for proof. Both sides went in swinging as if it were a CL final with full strength lineups. If it were meaningless mickey mouse or friendly cup, both sides would have fielded B teams to avoid risking injury heading into the new season.

This is even becoming true for World Club Cup, everyone wants to win titles and teams with deeper lineups exploit every drop of resource into creating relevancy in every championship. Of course the QPR of this world will not be afforded the luxury of doing so.

Also, take some responsibility for what some people are calling RM out on, which is their current set up. You guys are in a state of dishevelment, and are clearly playing like trash with a constant circus at the capital club. I haven't heard you address that only point out your CL dominance. Perhaps you could take the prudent position of, "yes we are currently trash and need an overhaul" but all I've heard are deflections and "CL, CL, CL" which is to say that you are not being playing fair. To add to my point let me change sports for a moment and state that if I were to ignore the Lakers are currently bogus and probably won't make the playoffs but have 16 chips and shut down everyone with that, it wouldn't be fair or realistic to today. What I mean to say is history really has little bearing on what is happening right now and I'd be nuts to try and ignore or deflect from that.

History has it's benefits and a sense of pride (naturally), but a fan should take ownership of their current status as well.

Pepe our current state is terrible which i never denied and i didn't argue it , i was arguing with the member who undervalued our CL achievement due to his lack of information about the competition back than that's why the CL subject was brought up and why i replied...

and excuse me if i don't give any value to a competition that is considered a friendly opener of all the leagues in Europe and consist of one /two games...same way (if you remember ) i didn't give any value to winning it earlier this season from Barca and i still maintained it was a friendly competition.. it's not like i changed my mind from August to Jan
Atletico Madrid taking Chelsea to school didn't undervalue 1 bit of their CL winning last season ... it's just a supercup game

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
150196_10151422778009744_1624335451_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans