Penal Madrid

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Carlo wanted to keep him(Angel Di Maria) and tried to persuade him to stay, but it looks like Uncle Florentino had other plans.

I

instinct

GUTI @GUTY14HAZ · 4 Min.
Triste pq se va un grande @XabiAlonso ,te deseo todo lo mejor en tu nueva etapa amigo,GRANDE 14.

web-release.gif

CuleLife4Life

Not sure why Casillas is still there tbh.

Did Carlo have any part in Di Maria leaving? Or was it all RM's board's fault?

Casillas is there because of his legend status at the club. Kind of like how Xavi would start and play major minutes last year when he shouldn't have. Navas is way better but no one has the balls to bench him like last year for some reason.

Carlo wanted DiMaria to stay but it was the board that refused to offer him a raise high enough of what he wanted.

A couple of years ago, I had to travel to Spain for work a lot, mostly in Madrid and some places in Andalusia. I remember reading in Marca and AS and how Mou ran everything. Now that he has gone, Perez is free to go galactico crazy regardless of whats needed or not. Carlo is a doormat when it comes to stuff like this.

I

instinct

(Di Maria's father) “Real Madrid never valued my son. It feels like they never wanted him at the club since they never really cared''

RM have the opposite problem we do. We're too reluctant to bench/sell/replace guys like Xavi, Alves etc even when they're in clear decline. RM on the other hand are too eager to throw away key players for shiny new toys (Di Maria for Rodriguez).

DonAK

Khedira will be gone next season as well as his contract runs out and I don't see him renewing and Florentino going back on his principles.

Morten

With Alonso and Di Maria out, Khedira should be the engine in though games. James can play in the midfield against Elche etc, he can get minutes for Bale, CR and Benz in top matches, not in midfield. Modric, khedira and Kroos could provide cover enough for the back four.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Khedira will be gone next season as well as his contract runs out and I don't see him renewing and Florentino going back on his principles.

I see Isco forcing his way out or getting kicked out next season as well. After all, Perez has gotta buy the best non-Atleti/Barca player at the Copa America.

DonAK

I see Isco forcing his way out or getting kicked out next season as well. After all, Perez has gotta buy the best non-Atleti/Barca player at the Copa America.

Yep. Isco should have done it the minute they bought James though. The biggest mistake of his was to go there in the first place. Should have followed Pellegrini to Man City and become an integral part of his team...

CuleLife4Life

Ironically Khedira is the one who the most most lucky out of this situation. He refused to renew as well as refusing to leave so he can run his contract down and get paid handsomely next year by his new team.

It was suggested he would be in the bleachers most games since he is basically making sure RM won't get any money for him but now it looks like he'll be a vital squad player LOL.

Not sure why he hasn't forced his way out already tbh.

Yep. Isco should have done it the minute they bought James though. The biggest mistake of his was to go there in the first place. Should have followed Pellegrini to Man City and become an integral part of his team...

He was even a Barca fan before he joined RM. Was RM offering him that much more money than City was?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans