Penal Madrid

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
they can always use pepe or varane there. and they will be some force then.

It wouldn't be the same to stick a CB in midfield. I don't know about Varane, but what I've seen from Pepe, he would only cover the space a CB would cover. Not optimal at all.

Morten

To be "past it", you have to be "present it" sometime which Arbeloa never was.....

He was never world class, but at some point he was a solid rb. And a stealthy cunt who always got away with anything, i must say it was hilarious sometimes.

xavisionary

Had Vidal money and more, bought James, forced Di Maria out. Farcical. Like another user pointed out, one of the reasons Ronaldo was so efficient was because he had the likes of Higuain and Di Maria selflessly helping him out. Be interesting to see if he still hits his usual 50 plus goals this season.

Morten

Had Vidal money and more, bought James, forced Di Maria out. Farcical. Like another user pointed out, one of the reasons Ronaldo was so efficient was because he had the likes of Higuain and Di Maria selflessly helping him out. Be interesting to see if he still hits his usual 50 plus goals this season.

He wont, mainly because injuries has hit in. I think 30-40 is more likely. He does have great support, but i have a feeling Ronaldo will find the way to goal, one way or another.
Many said he was depending alot on Mezut, but he still scored as much as always with him gone. Ronaldo does need support, but someone who hit more than 50 4 seasons in a row isnt only about that.
Messi can of course do more alone, but Barcelona plays for Messi to. Both benefits alot from their team, Ronaldo benefits more no doubt.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I still think Madrid can salvage a bit of the situation. They're going to have irreparable holes throughout the season, no fixing that so soon, but they can gain some balance still.

Firstly, IMO, they need to bump Ramos to RB and play Varane and Pepe at CB. That gives them a better backline to help with the rest of the team's imbalance. Then, play Coentrao instead of Marcelo at LB. I know Coentrao is always injured so this might be tough, but Coentrao is a more well rounded fullback than Marcelo, certainly better defensively. Pushing a bit forward so he helps more in midfield and tracks back on defense.

With Coentrao there as a wingback helping the midfield, you can now push James as a 10 where he is most comfortable and play Kroos and Modric deeper. Won't solve all the problems, but it's a start. Certainly better than Bale to midfield.

Something like:

1101947_Real_Madrid_CF.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid will likely plug some holes in the coming January 2015 transfer window.

Still very much a league, cup and CL favorite.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I dont see why you are laughing? Do you have issues of some kind, might take care of that.
Anyway, i see many here laughing about Modrics defensive work, when in reality, he is acually very good in tracking back. Bale certainly has the stamina and body for running up and down all day, Kroos is a more mobile Xabi Alonso, or at least has the potential for that.
Running up and down doesn't cut it Bale might have played fullback but he was mediocre at best until he was played as a winger. You remember the Classico last year in which Iniesta scored? I'll give you one guess on who was marking the Don and fell asleep giving him a free run on goal which Messi saw and assisted with a through ball. You are seriously over-estimating the defensive prowess of the individuals of RM. As it stands defensively at least Di Maria >> Bale and Xabi > Kroos/Modric

Home of Barca Fans